Chapter 28: Apologies

EDITED: November 7, 2017

CHAPTER 28

APOLOGIES

LEO's POV

I open my eyes and the first thing I saw was my wife being strangled by a woman with black wings. Selene was not herself and her hands were on her belly... As if trying to protect our baby.

I tried standing up but was surprised to see James turned ice unable to move.

I silently stood up grabbing a sword at the side.

Jane was too focused on Selene that I believe she didn't notice me almost behind her. Her wings weren't flapping nor moving so this is my only chance to save my precious wife and baby.

I rose my hands and struck Jane behind making sure it pierces until her front side. She screams and throws my wife towards the wall that I had to jump and catch her to make sure she's not going to get hurt.

Her body suddenly had cracking sounds from the spot I hit. She suddenly knelt down. "I've used up too many powers again..." She mutters loud enough to be heard. I hug my wife as Jane tried reaching for us. Black blood oozed from her and it wasn't a really good view.

She extends her arms before her and bites it. "I tried... I tried stopping the demon that's about to be born and yet... I failed..." Tears swell from within her eyes.

"Leo..." She calls. "Let me warn you this... Your child must not be born or else..." Suddenly a sword fell from the sky, piercing her neck and cutting her vocals.

"Jane!" I laid my wife properly before running to her. "Jane!" I shook her removing the heavy blade from her. "Hey... Jane... Who owns this sword? Stay with us... Tell me why you did all these things..." I continued tapping her and she reaches for my hand.

"Listen... Tell everyone I'm sorry.  He will come for her... He will kill your..." And her hand falls as her eyes lose its shine.

"Jane... Jane..." But it was too late.

Jane was definitely gone.

What did she mean with all of these?

Why did she have to kill so many vampires?

Who threw the sword?

There are just so many things unanswered. Now I'm not sure who is the enemy!