Chapter 7: Realisation

EDITED: November 7, 2017

CHAPTER 7

REALISATION

They were all running frantically. They? Who are they? I don't know anyone from them but They're vampires for sure.

I woke up feeling the sunlight penetrate my skin. The smell of logs was all over the place. I look around and the girls from my class were still sleeping soundly. I wipe the sweat covering my body with my arms.

It's the actual first day of the five days camping since we arrived yesterday. I grab my clothes and change inside the toilet then returned to the room placing the clothes in my bag. I tie my hair letting some bangs smooth freely down my forehead then went off.

The cabins were big for 2-1 to use alone but it's ok. I actually like it because it's not that crowded. I stretch myself before stopping by a flowery area where I saw James playing with a large dog with the old man who welcomed us yesterday.

"Isn't the girl from yesterday the one who plays with you here when you were young?" He plays his dog around.

"Not too sure. She doesn't seem to remember anything. I didn't hear about a thing about her after that incident" I don't want to say but yes, I'm eavesdropping behind a tree. They're definitely talking about me.

"So she could have forgotten them after the fire?" Fire? What fire? "I think so. I am so worried that all her memories of the fire return to her since we're in this place. After we lost both our parents... I lost her too."

"You two were told that you were engaged right?" James nodded. "Our parents wanted us to be." He looked in the sky. "But apparently I can't hold on to that. If she's the Selene from before then I'll have to forget her as soon as I can with our parents' memories."

"Must be tough, young man." The old man scrambled James' hair. I walked away silently mesmerized with what I just heard.

If I were the Selene he was looking for then...

Suddenly arms wrap around me tightly when I reach a dark area in the forest. "Kyaa-mmrff!" Frozen hands covered my face fully. "It's me, Selene!" I turn and saw Leo's face after almost a week. "Leo..."

His hands wrap around me again but this time in front of me, squeezing me chest to chest. "I missed you." My eyes widen with great surprise with his sudden words. "Nobody harmed you right?" He shook me checking me from head to toe.

"Leo! Leo!" He flinched. "Where have you been?" He looked away. "As your personal food, you can't tell me? Is that what you're trying to say?" He slowly nodded.