Shiro x reader: We'll be here for you

You looked out into the black and blue of space form the command center. It was late in at night and the rest of the group had all gone to be a long time ago.

The day had been long, Allura had make all of you work yourself to the ground and now you could feel each and every muscle of your body. Letting out a long and deep sigh you sat down on the floor, still gazing out into space.

A few minutes later you hear the door behind you open and you turn to see who entered the room. 
"So my hunch of you being here was correct." Shiro entered the room and came up to your side. When he reaches you, you look up to him.
"I didn't want to go to sleep just yet." You look out the windows again, not saying anything else. Shiro understands you don't really want to talk much at the moment and sits down right next to you.

More time passes and the only thing in the room that can be hear is the breathing of Shiro and yourself. Shiro is the one who breakes the silence first.

"It seems like you have a lot on your mind (y/N)." You glance at Shiro but avert your eyes quickley again.

"Not really..." You sigh, making a pause. "I just miss earth and my family... Normally I phone my mom once a week. Now I haven't been able to talk to her for weeks." You look at Shiro next to you. "Do you think they are searching for us back at home?" 

"I do think they are. the garison has to look for you guys or they will have problems with your parents." Shiro put his hand on your shoulder and gave you a smile. "I know you might feel lonley (y/N), maybe even a bit scared. But please remember, everyone here will take care of you and will be here for you when you need. Pidge, Allura, Coran, Hunk, Keith, even Lance if you don't believe it." The both of you chuckle at his last comment.
"And even me (y/N). I'll always be there for you when you need me. Just remember that okay?" 

"Yeah, okay I'll remember that." You gave Shiro a small smile and look back out the window, happy too have Shiro by your side looking out for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and than he goes and breaks his promis! SeasonTwoWhyDoYouDoThisTooMe??? qwq