Niall Flu Bug

"Did you go to bed last night feeling ill?" Liam asked Niall as he laid down across him on the couch. The boys were on the bus making their down the west coast of the United States.

"No, I just woke up with it," Niall explained. All four boys were sitting around with Niall who had recently come out from the bunks complaining he wasn't feeling well.

"What is it that doesn't feel well Nialler? Maybe we can get you some medicine," Louis asked. He and Harry were sitting on the couch opposite the one Niall and Liam were on.

"My head really hurts, it's pounding. Also my throat is sore. I'm chilled to the bone and my stomach feels a bit uneasy," Niall explained.

"Sounds like a touch of the flu," Harry sighed. The other boys agreed. Liam gently put his hand on Niall's head feeling for a fever.

"You feel warm Ni, it's definitely some kind of flu bug," Liam told him. Niall just shivered. Louis got up and got Niall's blanket from his bed and threw it over him to try to keep him warm.

"That help Nialler?" Louis asked. Niall nodded. Louis rubbed his shoulder before sitting back down on the couch.

"Haz can you go see if we've got any medicine? I think we should," Liam asked. Harry got up quickly and went to one of the cabinets in search of some medicine. Liam gently ran his fingers through Niall's hair. "We'll get you feeling better Ni," Liam told him softly. Niall didn't reply he just simply nodded. Harry came back with several bottles of medicine and some water.

"Here, I found several different types," Harry explained setting the bottles down. "I found something for his fever and his throat. We only have this liquid stuff for your stomach Niall, I know you don't like this stuff."

"It's ok," Niall said softly, sitting up a little. When he sat up the boys could see the full extent of how poor he looked. It was clear he was feeling ill. His hair had began to stick to his face which was pale and sickly. Liam and Harry sorted out the different medicine and gave the pills to Niall which he swallowed down happily.

"Do you want this stuff Ni?" Harry asked holding up the bottle of liquid. Niall cringed at the sight of it. He couldn't decide what was worse, the nauseous feeling in his belly of the foul taste he knew would come from that medicine. Decided he didn't want to risk trying to take it he shook his head and refused the medicine. "Alright that's fine, I'll just leave it here ok?"

"Yeah ok," Niall agreed. Liam pulled Niall back down across his lap.

"You want to watch a film or something Ni?" Louis asked. Niall nodded. Louis got up and grabbed a couple of DVD's and popped one in the player.

"You want to maybe try and eat some chicken soup? I might help your throat a bit," Liam suggested. Niall wanted to soup for his throat but he wasn't sure if his stomach could handle it.

"Maybe just a little bit," Niall finally agreed. He let Liam get up to make him some soup. He groaned a little putting his hand on his stomach.

"Alright Nialler?" Harry asked.

"I think the bus is making me feel worse," Niall whimpered.

"Would you like a bin just in case?" Harry asked him. Niall nodded. Harry got up without question and went to find a bin for Niall. Niall shut his eyes tight covering his eyes with his hands.

"My head is pounding," he said softly.

"Just give that medicine time to work. It should help," Louis told him. Niall nodded a little. Liam came back with the bowl of soup and sat it down in front of Niall. Niall looked at it skeptically knowing how upset his stomach was but he decided to try a few bites anyways. The soup felt great going down his throat but it did not feel so great when it hit his stomach. He couldn't bring himself to eat much more than a few bites.