Ch. 5

Laurens Pov:

Friday. Finally, today is the end of the agonizing place I call school for two days which doesn't seem long enough. Dinah, Camila, Normani and I had been spending the past four days together and have all grown pretty close and today we were going to my house for a movie night. Since Dinah and Camila don't know where I live, we're all going in my car. Mani hasn't stopped pestering me with the Camila thing and it was seriously starting to annoy me. We're in our last class which is Maths, luckily I've got Dinah in this class with me so it hasn't been very dull considering how much she argued with the teacher.

"But Miss, if you go by BOMDAS you get a completely different answer" Dinah complained, but Ms. Grande just held her hand up to silence the student. She exhaled heavily before continuing the lesson. This was how most of our maths classes would go, and to say it bothered me, would be lying, it was entertaining.

After ten more excruciating minutes in class, the last bell rung. I hastily gathered my textbook and pencil case and shoved them carelessly into my bag, Dinah doing the same. We weaved in and out of all the students so we could actually leave the school. Spotting Normani and Camila standing outside my car, I picked up my pace. I used the fob to open the car and we filled up the seats. Dinah and Mani sat in the back while Camila rode shotgun beside me. She never failed to have a book to read and it was something that I admired about her. Upon seeing her, you would have her labelled as a 'dumb blonde' despite the fact of actually having brown locks, but really she was one of the most intelligent people that I have encountered. She has very strong opinions and a very open mind. I like people like that.

The car ride didn't last long and soon enough we were all scrambling towards my front door. For some reason I felt excitement bubble up in me. It's been awhile since I've really been able to hang out with friends. Sure I had Lucy and Luis and Vero but we weren't all as close as we used to be, so having this little sleepover really has made my week.

"Guys what movie should we watch?" Mani asks, we all make our way to the sofa and plop down.

"I don't mind" Camila and I answered at the same time and we started giggling at the synchronization. Dinah looked to be deep in thought before looking up and smirking evilly.

"Texas Chainsaw"

Normani's head nodded repeatedly, saying how good an idea it was, whereas Camila did the exact opposite profusely refusing to watch the movie. I let out a quiet laugh at how childish the three girls in front of me were being.

"It'll be fun come on" I say standing up so I can head towards the television and turn it on. Once I finished doing so, I turned back around to see Camila giving me the puppy eyes. I learned fairly quick that I had a certain soft spot for the brown eyed girl, but would never admit such a thing.

"Nuh uh no puppy eyes that's not fair" I stubbornly refused to let myself cave at the adorable girl and when she realized that I wasn't going to budge she huffed.

"Fine" and with that, I started the movie. I left the sitting room so I could make some popcorn. I had put the packet in the microwave when I heard soft footsteps coming into the kitchen.

"I thought you might need some help" Camila states as she makes her way over to the counter I was leaning on. Carefully, she sat herself on top of the counter. I laughed at her so called 'excuse' so she could miss at least some of the horror movie that was currently playing.

"Sure, you just wanted to get away from the movie" I teased, fully aware that I enjoyed doing so.

"That's only partially true" she replies "Normani and Dinah said they wouldn't protect me when the scary parts come on, so I left them to protect each other" by the end of her statement Camila had a slight smile on her face.

"Well you little scaredy cat, I'll protect you. But first I'll need you to pass me that bowl so I can put the popcorn in it" I smiled genuinely at her, then gestured towards the bowl. Quickly, she grabbed the bowl and handed it to me. I emptied the bag that had been fully popped and scurried back to the sitting room with Camila by my side. I gave the bowl to Dinah and she gladly took it, taking a fistfull of popcorn before passing it over to Normani. The two of them had taken up the large sofa, so Camila and I had no other choice than the armchair pushed against the wall. I sat down and patted for Camila to sit beside me. She sent me a shy smile before trudging over and sitting down. I inwardly smiled at how close we were to each other, and how every time something scary popped up on the screen she would turn her head and ended up inching closer to me as her head would now lean on my shoulder. The movie is almost over and it's only hitting seven o clock now. Every now and then I would sneak a peak at the brunette beside, secretly admiring her beauty as she furrowed her eyebrows at the display on the tv. It wasn't until now that I noticed how fond I had grown of Camilas presence. How I craved to be close to her, how, within these few days, I would miss her as soon as I would leave school, and anticipated the hell hole the next day, just to see her. As the movie progressed, I felt a weight on my left side. I looked over to see Camila sleeping, her breathing steady and it was in that moment I knew that I would do anything to protect her.

"I'll always protect you Camz" my voice was barely audible as I leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to the petite girls forehead.

But what I didn't see, was the task I had taken on in whispering them five words.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/n: Hey guys, sorry for how short this chapter is but it's kind of like a filler for stuff to come so 😝 anyways what do you guys think of the story so far? Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment it really means alot to me

-Kayla 💙