Thrills and Chills

DAAAMN CARTER, BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH ACTUALLY UPDATING YOUR FUCKIN STORIES!! PSA: I've joined a group wattpad account with a couple lovely friends (and a bitchass who will remain unnamed) called Negovanstein ! I'm working on an actual story over on that account as well as the ongoing ones on this one (and a new one coming up shortly) and aforementioned friends are also writing some stuff you should go check out! Okay this note's been long enough, on to the story!
(That note was written a while ago, the "new one" is Kinda Social. But I do have more in the works..)

"Come on, keep up!" Laura tugged on Carmilla's arm, trying to get her to walk faster. Their annual outing to the amusement park never failed to bring out the blonde's inner little kid, and it amused the other woman to see just how excited Laura could get.

"Don't you ever get tired of this?" she asked as she gestured towards the colossal Ferris wheel.

"No way. Let's go!" Laughing, Carm allowed her tiny human to drag her up the stairs and into a seat. Her mood was quickly ruined when Laura began to rock the gondola. She gripped the side of it as her face paled.

"Are you trying to get us killed?!"

"You walked through no man's land during the second world war, yet you can't handle a Ferris wheel?" Laura faked an arrogant huff. "And here I thought you were some centuries old, badass vampire."

"Stop."

Laura rocked the gondola farther.

"Laura, I swear to all of the gods anyone believes in that I'm going to kill you when we get off this moving death trap." The blonde laughed, steadying the carriage as they returned safely to the ground. The pair got off of the ride, and Carmilla walked briskly to the exit.

"Wasn't that fun?" Laura asked, a large grin on her face.

"I hate you," the vampire replied evenly, holding the gate open for her girlfriend.

"Love you too."

~

The two next found themselves on the teacups. The ride was typically geared more towards young children, so, naturally, Laura insisted on going.

"Seriously? I'd rather be on the giant wheel of death than this." Carmilla sat back, arms crossed, a look of pure annoyance shadowing her features. Laura, however, was gleefully spinning the wheel that made their cup spin. The ride ended soon enough, and the blonde got out with a frown. Despite Carmilla's refusal to participate, the cup had been spinning fairly quickly. Laura almost fell flat on her face due to sheer dizziness. The raven haired vampire was immediately by her side with an arm around her waist.

"Are you alright?"

Laura nodded slowly as they left the section of the park dedicated to little kids' rides. Carm smiled mischievously. "Good, because it's my turn to pick."

~

After a few carnival games which Carmilla easily won, choosing to get a large stuffed bear for Laura and some cotton candy, the vampire grabbed her hand and lead the way to the haunted house. In the darkness of the cool October night, Laura could just barely make out a figure in the top right window of the building.

"Don't tell me-"

"Oh yeah. Real ghosts."

The tiny human audibly gulped, fear evident in her wide-eyed expression.

"Oh come on, I'll keep you safe." Carm smirked. "Besides, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?" Laura's voice jumped an octave, terrified and nervous, yet curious.

"You'll see when we get there." Her tone softened. "She won't hurt you, I promise."

"O-okay." Carmilla wrapped an arm around her, and she relaxed a bit. They'd be fine.

The vampire guided them through the haunted house, Laura leaning farther into her arms at every single scare. They eventually made it to the attic. One final jumpscare almost sent Laura tumbling back down the spiraling staircase, but Carm caught her just in time with a laugh. Another disembodied voice joined in the laughter. Laura yelped and backed into a corner, causing Carmilla to laugh even harder. The owner of the voice appeared in a wisp of black smoke, and the vampire hugged her. She smiled and turned to her girlfriend in the corner.

"Laura, this is Mattie. My sister."

"Wh- you said the ghosts were real!" Laura walked to stand next to the other two, confusion highlighted in her eyes. Carmilla chuckled.

"Well they were real scary, now weren't they?" This prompted the tiny human to swat at her vampire's arm.

"That's not fair."

"Sorry cupcake. I promise you can rock the Ferris wheel every time we go somewhere with one as revenge."

"Your permission doesn't change the fact that I'd do it anyway."

"Oh?" Carmilla raised an eyebrow. "Better avenge myself ahead of time." She unexpectedly started tickling the blonde, earning a fit of beautiful laughter.

"No! I'm mad at you, stop that!" Laura was still laughing, no meaning behind the words. Still, she feigned anger and stormed downstairs. Mattie turned to her sister, seemingly concerned.

"She'll get over it. Are we still planning on dinner Wednesday?"

"Mhm." Somewhere in the darkness of the stairwell, a mixture between a scream and an adorable squeaking noise sounded. Mattie laughed and shook her head. "Motion sensors. Doesn't she learn? Idiot." Despite her words the older vampire smiled, rendering the insult meaningless.

Carmilla returned the smile. "At least she's my idiot." With a smitten grin, the badass vampire set off to save her damsel in distress from the non-existent terrors of the not-so-haunted house.