ROUND 24: HE CAN'T SEE THE FUTURE, BUT HE STILL WANTS YOU THERE

Start from the beginning

"Nell, baby," Luke said. Nellie looked at him when he said it, the short girl looking at him as he started to smile lazily at her. She tilted her head as he paused his his words, the boy bringing her hand to his chest as he pulled her closer to him for a moment; Nellie leaned her arm on his chest as she brushed her nose against his chin. "Do you ever think about us?" Luke asked. Nellie moved to have her face over his and her arms by the side of his head. She moved her lips down to his briefly before she asked him a question of her own.

"What about us?" Nellie said, the boy shrugging his shoulders gently. He knew exactly what he was asking, he was just trying to be subtle about it.

"I don't know; like our future I guess, or if you even see one," he whispered. Nellie smiled softly when he said this, the girl's soft lips brushing against his cheek. Nellie sighed happily as she laid on top of the boy, her arms snaking their way under him to hug him. He hugged her back tighter when she did this, her lips pressing kisses to his cheek as she started to smile. The boy looked at her as she rested her forehead against his as she held his cheeks, Nellie's nose brushing against his when she did it; Luke's lips brushed against hers before she spoke with a contagious smile on her face.

"Baby, you're so cute," she cooed. "Honestly, though? I don't know. No? I like to live in the moment, and I'm always doing that with you," Nellie said, softly. Luke smiled slightly when she said it, her thumb running over his lips as he pinched her side slightly, making her moved slightly before he moved his lips up to hers quickly. Nellie smiled as she pulled away, the girl giving him a look before she moved her face close to his again. "Luke, stop," she giggled as he smiled at her. He leaned back after she said it, the boy putting his hands behind his head as Nellie continued to touch his skin. "As I was saying, I suppose I don't think about it too often because we're so young. I'm only twenty-one, and you're what? Twenty?"

"Yeah, but you make me feel so whipped I can't help myself," he said. Nellie rolled her eyes slightly as she smiled. Luke swore it was true as she nodded her head, letting him feed her harmless little words as she enjoyed the soft and short feeling of his lips against hers when he spoke. "Sometimes I like to think about a future with you; like a little life with you or an apartment together or something like that," he said, beginning to mutter as he said it. Nellie felt her heart skip a few beats as the boy said it, Luke looking up at her as he pushed some hair behind her ear. Nellie bit her bottom lip after he said it, his fingers shaking the slightest as if he was nervous of what she was say back to him.

"That's adorable really—god," she said, smiling as he suppressed his smile and shook his head at her, "you're so much better at this than I am." Nellie ran her thumb over his lips as she ran her eyes over him, her eyes looking loving and lustful for the boy that laid under her. He felt his heart start to race under her stare, the girl he loved pressing her lips to his jaw as he started to smile the slightest to himself. Nellie moved away shortly after making the boy hold back his complaining as she started to get out of bed.

"Nellie," he whined slightly, "come back." Nellie only laughed softly as she put her hair in a ponytail, the boy looking at her. Nellie only shook her head as he frowned, the girl starting to get dressed as he groaned in irritation.

"Stop," Nellie laughed, "I have to go to work. We can be gross and cliche when I get back." She said, sliding her skirt up her waist as the boy watched her. He ran his hands over his face before he threw the covers off of him; he stepped up behind her and hugged her waist as she rolled up the edges of her sleeves. Nellie touched him when he rested his head on her shoulder, his lips kissing the side of her neck softly before kissing the side of her head, too.

"I miss you, baby," he whispered. "I miss you and you're right here." Nellie glanced at him after he said it, her soft fingers touching the side of his head again as he rested his forehead on her shoulder. She closed her eyes for a moment as he hugged her waist tighter, the grip he had on her making him come off as desperate and almost broken. Nellie felt guilty for this, regardless of the fact Luke knew it was his fault and not Nellie's.