ROUND 5: DUG UP HELL LEADS TO A DESPRESSION SESSION

Nellie sat across from her friend with her chin her hands and a frown on her face

Nellie sat across from her friend with her chin her hands and a frown on her face. They had been discussing his plans for her blog and, for the most part, Nellie wasn't feeling up to it. He seemed to notice this as he glanced at her every once and while, the boy noticing her guilt pulling at her sleeve as they sat there. He sighed and put his face in his hands for a moment, groaning before she frowned even more.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, Michael only shaking his head slightly. He paused for a moment before he looked at Nellie again, knowing he wasn't going to get anywhere with her if kept the attitude he felt creeping up on him.

"Don't apologize, Nell. Just loosen up." He said, offering her a slight smile. She smiled back at him, resting her arms on the table as he pulled out a folder from his bag. Nellie scratched the side of her head as she thought about his words, knowing Michael was right about what he was saying. She felt too much of a soft spot for the boy they had chosen as the center of her argument. It was partially Michael's fault for not looking deeper into it before agreeing, mostly because he knew the reason Nellie felt the way she did now was the same reason she didn't want to write about the boy on the magazine.

"I just feel bad, you know? Like someone threw coffee at him." Nellie sighed, Michael waving her off as he pulled a few papers from the folder he had. He began to write on them as Nellie watched him, the boy acting like he didn't care for what she had to say about it. However, Nellie's look was persistent so he caved in.

"You're looking at it wrong. Sure it's bad someone did that—I get it, Nell, I do—but someone heard us, you know? Someone heard our point, agreed with us, and took a stand." He said, touching her hand in an attempt for comfort before the girl crinkled her nose at the thought. They didn't hear her, if they had, they wouldn't have acted violently towards Luke as their standing point—and Nellie knew this. That's what bothered her.

"Clearly there's a miscommunication somewhere." Nellie said, quietly. "We need to fix it, or not use him."

"We'll fix it, Nell. I promise." Michael said, looking at her before she nodded. He pushed some of the papers he had towards her, the girl looking down at them in confusion after he did so. She glanced up at Michael as he smiled slightly. She ran her eyes over the paper in front of him before Nellie gave him a slight frown. Nellie shook her head before he pushed the paper back towards Michael.