"But they have the ones shaped like dinosaurs!"

"I said no, and if you continue I'll send you to the corner, don't forget your rules."

At that, Camila whined and started wiggling around like a discontented child. Lauren frowned a bit in confusion, she had expected a snarky retort, but definitely not that.

"Camila, now tell me what you want."

Unhappy with her situation, Camila let herself slide on the side until her head was lying on her arms on the mattress, still straddling Lauren.

"Camzi, what's going on?"

"I'm not hungry."

Just at that moment her stomach started grumbling.

"Did you just lie to me, little girl?"

Lauren's tone was serious. Like a jack in a box, Camila sprung up.

"NO! I just... I don't feel good, Lo."

Her voice cracked on her name, her head was pounding, her stomach was in knots and she felt like she was going to throw up.

"You do look pretty pale, but your forehead's not warm. Come on, you really need to eat something if you're starting to feel sick."

"Please, can I have the dinosaur nuggets?"

"I'm happy you asked so politely, but no baby, you can't have the dinosaur nuggets. Since you're not feeling fine, how do you feel about chicken noodle soup?"

"No, they make it so bland here!"

"There's a Cuban restaurant not too far, how about I order una sopa de pollo?"

"Con fideos?"

"Yup! A good old Cuban chicken noodle soup, what do you think?"

"Okay."

Lauren got up, keeping Camila in her arms who protested a bit at first, but then calmed down and settled once she realized that Lauren had no problem holding her up. Lauren wanted to keep her close, and with how clingy Camila was acting, it was safe to assume that she felt the same way. To grab her phone, she put her on her hip to free her arm the time to find and dial the restaurant. She ordered two soups, all the while softly rocking Camila up and down out of reflex. Camila's face had found its way back to the crook of Lauren's neck. The excitement she had felt while shopping was gone, and it seemed that during that respite, all her stress and anguish had just accumulated and had been released through her body all at once when they crossed the hotel doors.

"What's going on in that beautiful little head?"

Camila just shrugged, hoping that Lauren wouldn't put her down. Lauren had first feared that Camila had caught something while they were out, but then realized that it all felt really familiar.

"Do you know what triggered your anxiety, baby?"

Camila teared up at those words, how could she deserve someone like Lauren? Apart from the fact that she had understood what was going on, it was the way she was handling it that made Camila emotional. She hadn't asked her what was wrong, even better she had actually implied that it was okay to not know what was wrong.

"...No..."

"It's okay, how about we go over our schedule for the week?"

It was a trick that Lauren used on herself when she was feeling particularly overwhelmed. When things felt out of control and just too much, and she felt like quitting and moving back to Miami, she would sat down and go over their schedule, reducing each day to a series of tasks. It had become a reflex by now, and it made busy weeks a lot easier to handle, she just had to stick to the tasks for the day, and it would all get done. She had invested in a good planner app on her phone, and was always updating it, which really came in handy right.