Dark Beauty Chapter 2

Chapter 2  sorry if its small but it has a very important event so yeah its "filling"..... plz comment vote, fan whatever..i would like honest opinions though....thanks!

"Kayla, Kayla!!! We cant drive in this condition! Pullover! PULLOVER!!!" Layla, despite her calm composure, was screaming. For the past two months, something has been growing out of their backs.

They noticed it was every evening between four and five. Someone could have been stabbing them and it would have made no difference.

"No, I cant. We have to get home. That's the only place we can reduce the pain. You know that." She said it through clenched teeth, and was starting to cry. I noticed I was too.

*Layla's POV*

I couldn't help it. When Kayla said no, she meant it. But so did I. But we knew that home was the best place to be at instead of our car. I noticed blood starting to drip down and into my seat. Kayla was bleeding too for she was breathing heavily, something only she did when she was cold. Yes, our blood is cold.

Once the car was parked, we ran into the house as quickly as possible. Our mom was anxiously waiting for us, with sterilized alcohol and two blankets.

"Come girls, come. The bath is ready." She quickly and gently helped us into the bathroom. By now we were crouching. It would be over in a minute, I thought. Our mom quickly put some alcohol onto a rag and cleaned away our dried blood. I hadn't noticed we stopped bleeding, but it still hurt a lot.

Me and Kayla laid down on the tub, back down. (it was 10 by 10 sq. ft). when we got out, we checked our backs. We gasped. What we saw was almost unreal. It seemed like a pair of parallel bones, except pure white. It was sticking out of our backs like light in darkness.

We touched it. It felt soft, softer than silk, and yet delicate. Kayla of all people wanted to apply pressure to see how it felt. She did it and tried to stop herself from screaming. I did the same. It felt like a searing pain coming from it and into my spinal cord, and then into my entire body. Apparently, it was very tender. We looked closer, and I noticed I had small black spots on mine, and Kayla had white (very white) vivid spots on hers. We cautiously touched those spots, and they had a very distinct texture to them. Almost like......I looked at Kayla.

We stared at each other. "Feathers?!"

*End of POV*