Dark Beauty Prologue

Revised 8/13

Ok everyone so here is the prolouge to Dark Beauty.  Hope you enjoy! :D

******************

There was a time when people's souls were torn between good and evil. One half of them was good, the other evil. The "good" and "bad" part of them were separated, destined to never, under any circumstances, unite. To do so would mean their death.

These people were called the Larune. They were considered the most beautiful people on earth, far more than human. But, they never mingled with them. The Larune were solitary people, who were never affected by age. They didn't need to sleep, but it was at times necessary. Like humans, they needed to eat, but not as often. Their excess energy was not turned to fat, but instead became pure energy, something that no other race could do.

The Larune were ruled by a king and queen who were chosen by the Oracle. The man and women had to be a couple and married before their coronation.

Their army, or guard, were an ancient race, sister to the Larune. They were called the Saskune. This group of people were like the Larune, except their good and bad selves were united, but it was clear that they were united through a physical bond. This manifested itself in different ways, but most commmonly black and white hair and parts of the skin that seemed to be with a brighter aura than other parts. Their soul was never at peace. Like the Larune, they had a king and queen.

One other thing that set the humans apart from the Larune and Saskune was that when they were "mature" they grew wings.

One day, an unspeakable new evil came, that didn't affect the humans, but it did to the Larune. The Saskune didn't come to help, for reasons unknown to the Larune. Their entire race was eventually wiped out, save for the prince and his wife. The wife was pregnant with a little girl. When the unknown evil left, the prince was forced to live among the humans with his wife and unborn child. When the child was born, the mother died, and the father was left to tend to his daughter.

Then, because the prince was not accustomed to the diseases in the human world, he died when his daughter was 3. But before he did, he named her Lua, meaning in their language, the last divided one. Like her Larune family, the girl had her soul divided into two people. In the human world, it was easier to mistake them for twins. Lua was adopted and grew up without any knowledge of who she really was. She knew her thoughts were the same as her "twin", but didn't know why.

At the same time, one of the Saskune, who sensed her existence, was out looking for her.