Chapter Twenty-Four: The Tickets

Start from the beginning

“I’ll keep this,” he said, smirking and pocketed those condoms.

Gina gasped outrageously and made a face at me. If possible, I went redder. “I’m innocent,” I said.

“Are you?” Simon asked, which made him and Winston laugh.

I glared at my brother and boyfriend.

After exchanging gifts, we ate breakfast and then Gina went up to her room to talk to her friends using Skype. Josephine went back to her apartment to get something. Winston was going to take a bath so that was why Simon and I were left to wash the dishes.

I was the one who was washing and he was the one wiping the dishes. I decided to converse with him. “So, first Christmas without Mom and Dad,” I said.

He smiled slightly. “I know,” he said quietly. “It’s kind of hard but we better get used to it.”

“Do you miss them?”

“Hell yes. Do you?”

I nodded. “I thought you don’t feel the same.”

He snorted. “Do you think I’m not going to miss my parents? I miss them, Erin. A lot. I wish they are still here. I actually want them to meet Winston.”

I frowned. “Why?”

Simon turned to face me. “When Winston came, you became a different person. Not in a bad way, but in the opposite way. You are now confident and so different from the person you were back in New York. I want Mom and Dad to meet the person who transformed you.”

I looked away and washed the remaining dishes. “I think they had already met him, Simon.”

“Oh?”

“They were the ones who sent him to me.”

Simon was quiet after that. Winston went down after taking his bath. I smelled his shampoo as he hugged me from behind. He kissed the spot below my ear. “Hello,” he said, his voice low and sexy.

“Hi,” I said and turned around to face him. “So, you’re all cleaned up now.”

“Yep. And I smell really good.”

“You’re now ready for Josephine’s gift. I helped too. A little bit, but still I helped.”

He frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Simon finished wiping the dishes. “This better be good,” he said and gave Winston a thumbs-up.

Winston still looked confused, which was good. “What the hell are you talking about?”

I held up my hands to cover Winston’s eyes. It was kind of hard, since he was a lot taller than I am but I led him out of the house. Simon trailed behind us. It was a wonderful gift from Josephine, and I know Winston’s going to be happy he’d be dancing in front of me.

We were already outside the house, where Josephine was waiting for us. She grinned and nodded. I let go of my hands and Winston opened his eyes. Then it widened and he turned to Josephine. “You did not.”

Josephine laughed. “I did! I really did!”

Josephine bought Winston a car. It wasn’t really brand new. It was a normal Jeep that she bought from a second-hand shop. But it was a start. Winston wanted to drive, and though he does not know yet, at least he already has a car. He’s going to start when Wendy and her family comes back from Australia.

“It’s so beautiful,” Winston murmured, sliding his hand on the roof of the Jeep. “It’s a very beautiful gift, Josephine. Thank you so much.” He hugged her.