Chapter Twenty-three

Chapter 23

“Okay.”  I nodded my head.  “I got it.”  I hit the enter key, sending the message.  “I’ve never spent so much time sending a message.”  I laughed about that.  Dating was complicated.  “What should I wear?

My night was mostly Caleb and I watching videos on my computer or “cooking” frozen burritos in the toaster oven.  (Not easy, and really slow, but Caleb taught me how to do it.)

I was just wearing a pink tank top and old cutoff jeans.  He was also dressed for the occasion in a black t shirt and jeans.  Gina walked in and out of the room every once in a while, so I introduced them, since I hadn’t the night before.

We talked, and watched funny youtube videos, and we dined of the fine meal of San Jose burritos.  I had to kick him out at eight thirty, because of dorm rules, so I walked him out the door and out goodbyes were just like the previous night.

“Well, thank you.”

“No, thank you for the burritos.”

“Thanks for coming over and eating them.”

The only difference was that he was the one to lean in to kiss me tonight.  The kiss was a little longer than last night, but just as sweet.

When we pulled apart, our hands were hanging at our sides, intertwined with one another’s.  “So, two nights in a row.  Does this mean we’re officially dating?”

He smiled, thinking.  “Three time’s a charm.  One more date, and I’d say yes.”

“You know what, I’m impatient.  Why don’t we just settle for another kiss?”  I leaned up again and kissed him again.  This one only lasted about three seconds, but it was still amazing.

When I pulled away, I looked at his face and he smiled.  “Okay, that works.”

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before walking back into the room, saying goodbye one last time before closing the door.  I looked out the peephole and watched him walk away.  When he was out of sight, I went back out and walked into Katie’s and Riley’s room.

They were up, eating out of a carton of ice cream when I walked in.  When they saw me come in, they smiled and asked how it went.

“Um, it went fine, but, Riley, do you mind?”

She looked up from her ice cream and set it down, standing up from the table.  She looked a little hurt that I wasn’t going to tell her how it went, but she was probably just going to hear it all from Katie or Caleb anyway.

“Oh, yeah, sure.”

She grabbed her towel and a bag and walked outside, probably off to the bathroom.  I went over to the small table and sat down.

“Alright, so, Katie, it was fun.  And then we were saying goodbye, and he kissed me this time.  so I asked if we were like, together…”  I told her what had happened, and she started smiling like a crazy person.  “And so what do I do now?  Do I go change my relationship status now, or should I wait?  Should I text him, or…”

I trailed off and she started laughing.  “Aww.  Young love.  Yes, you can change your relationship status.  You don’t have to though.  You ought to wait til the morning.”

I nodded.  “Alright, so, do we have work tomorrow?”

“Uh, I think it’s a short day for us.  Just a few hours in the morning.”

“Okay.  I’m not really in a working mood lately.”

“But you are in a Caleb mood,” she teased.