Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was knee deep in corporate muck moments later when the call I had been waiting for all morning chimed for my attention. I peeked at the caller id and couldn't hold back the wide grin that stupidly tugged at my lips. By now, the office grapevines had done its magic; the whole office knew about my wedding. It just went to show the bosses were the biggest goss of all.

"Hi," I found myself saying meekly into my mobile.

"Hi? The love of your life is calling, and all you manage is a miserly hi?"

I glared at the phone.

"What do you want, Justin?" I demanded forcefully.

His sigh was audible.

"What do you want, Justin Darling!" he prompted shortly.

I groaned inwardly at that then managed, "Nothing. Nothing at all. Only my name isn't Justin. Yours is."

His groan was audible.

"Fine. Here, talk to my mom!"

"Hello, dear? I just wanted to remind you your dress fitting is at six this evening. Don't be late."

"I won't." I listened to her chat on for a bit then felt my excitement shimmer again when Justin came back on the line.

I shivered, hearing his voice rattle something off to his mother before the line fell silent. I knew he was there listening. Waiting for me.

So, I said it, unable to help myself anymore.

"I miss you, Justin Darling."

"Damn!"

My lips twitched as I heard his frustrations clear down the line.

"God damn it!"

I grinned stupidly, staring at the heap of papers in front of me.

"How the fuck am I supposed to get on with work now?"

I chuckled openly at that.

"Darling Justin," I murmured tauntingly and laughed out loud at the explosive language that erupted down the line.

"God, I hope your mother didn't hear that rant," I said unsympathetically.

"You're evil. Taunting me like this. Pure unadulterated evil," he huffed over the line at me.

"I sure am, darling," I crooned over the line.

"Right, I am coming over," said Justin abruptly.

"What?" I yelped in panic.

"I'll be there in twenty," he confirmed my horror. "And I'll bring lunch."

"You can't!"

I was swiftly rose to panic that only escalated over his next words.

"I am going to wine you, dine you, and fuck you senseless," he murmured almost angrily before adding, "in your fucking office."

I gulped in shock, staring at the phone in complete horror. I was instantly reduced to a puddle of nerves at his words, not all of which were in opposition to what he proposed. The very thought of it was exciting. Hearing his voice was exciting. I couldn't sit still and was all but squirming in my chair with mounting frustrations of my own.

The ringing of the phone was unusually shrill. I stared uncomprehendingly at the landline before I realized it was an office call.

"I have to go," I muttered regretfully into my mobile. "I have a call coming in on the other line." I was filled with disappointment. I had been all willing to indulge in some phone sex with Justin, but work sadly called. "You can't come over for lunch," I murmured softly before regretfully adding, "or for a fuck either."