Ring.

Ri-

The ringing halted.

“It's probably Dieter trying to get me to the studio. He knows I'm on vacation.” Michael joked.

“Vacation? Since when do you take vacations?”

Michael chuckled, licking his lips.

Diana stroked his hair behind his ear. “I'm serious. I've always had to coerce you into taking a break.”

“Well then, I guess you've missed out on a lot.” He teased.

She grabbed his jaw and pulled him closer to her. “Well then tell me about it.” She said, seductively.

He smirked, rubbing his index finger across his lower lip.

Ring.

Diana rolled her eyes. The phone was killing the moment. “Answer it.”

Ring.

He gestured at their ‘situation’. “What about-”

Ring.

“Boy, I can wait.” Diana exclaimed.

Michael smirked, reluctantly answering the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey baby, where are you? I've been trying to get ahold of you for the past twenty minutes.” Mariah said.

Michael’s eyes widened. He shot up from Diana’s hotel bed, glanced at her, and held his finger up as if to say ‘excuse me’.

Diana nodded and he scurried off to the bathroom.

“Hey baby!” He said, grinning. “I'm so so sorry. I didn't even realize it was you.”

Mariah giggled. “And I know how you get too, when you're working. You lock yourself up and don't come out for air.”

Work’. Sure…

Michael smiled, genuinely. “So what's up?”

“Well, I was just calling to see if you and Frank could stop and pick up Nicki’s prescription. I called Dr. Powell and she said she could have it filled. Oh! And I told the pharmacy that it would be Frank picking it up this time, so he's cleared.”

Michael beamed. “Thanks so much! Last time that was crazy. I couldn't even get inside.”

“I know. I was like, ‘let me tell them Frank will be signing for him’. Just make sure you get there when it's filled. It should be ready in about an hour.”

“Alright. I got it.” He reassured.

“Alright, well...how is everything?”

“Uh, it's good. It's going good. But look baby, I have to go. I'm gonna stop and get something to eat before I head to the pharmacy so I'm gonna leave now.” He explained.

“I'm pretty sure I called your cell phone, babe.”

Michael moved the phone away from his face, studying it. He knew he was on his cell phone, he just wanted to make sure. Shit.

He cleared his throat. “I sure am. I'm so disoriented I didn't even consider that.”

Mariah cackled. “You are so absent-minded.”

“Heeeey! Leave me alone!” Michael joked. “But, I just wanna use that time to go over some things with Frank. So I'm gonna call you after we get something to eat, okay?”