Happiness is in the air

Depuis le début

"I might succeed!" Tyler happily said, waking Ethan up from his thoughts. He said it so cheerful, Ethan felt a smile creep up on his face. The familiar happiness warmth spread around in his body. How lucky can I be? A Happiness Bubble – right in my back, without anyone chasing it. All for myself!

At the same time, Tyler was confused. Ethan didn't get hit with a Bubble – he himself did –, yet he was smiling. He didn't smile earlier in the conversation, he didn't show any emotion, so he didn't absorb a bubble before they made lunch. Maybe Ethan would help him with his experiment?

"Hey Ethan," he asked. Ethan tilted his head, signing to him to continue. "Would you maybe want to help me with my experiment?" The blue haired boy nodded, shrugging his shoulders at the same time. "Sure. But why me?" Tyler smiled widely. "Because you were just smiling without having touched a Happiness Ball."

Ethan froze. Did he? Tyler faced him, so he would have known if he started to glow yellow. If Tyler, who was watching him closely, didn't see him glow...he didn't glow. But then...why did he feel happy?

Ethan got placed on a comfy chair, where he had to sit back and relax. He couldn't ease up on command, but when he felt Tyler's strong hands adjust his shoulders and face he could feel his muscles relax. Again he felt happy – but this time he felt another feeling in his body.

It was tingly, and relaxing but stressing at the same time. His heart beat faster and his skin burned in a pleasant way at the places Tyler's hands came in contact with his skin. "What are you feeling right now?" Ethan thought for a moment. "Warm...and happy." The scientist stopped moving. "You're happy right now?" Ethan nodded and thought about it. I'm happy when he is around. I get this feeling that I don't know. What is going on?

Tyler swallowed. He felt weird. He felt nervous, for no reason at all. The weird thing was, he felt nervous. It wasn't like he touched a fear Bubble. And also his Happiness Bubble should have stopped working. Yet he was happy, nervous and another feeling. He closed his eyes, processing his feelings.

"Mom? What does love feel like?" "Love, Tyler? That is one subject..." Tyler focused his brown eyes on the brown haired woman next to his bed. "Yeah! Today the teacher said she was in love! And she wouldn't stop smiling, even though there weren't any bubbles..." His mother smiled. "Really? Who is he?" "She, mom, she, not he," he corrected her. Mother smiled. "Who is she?" "Another teacher. Apparently she made her really happy." His mother ruffled his hair. "If somebody makes you that happy without a ball, you're in love. And if you don't believe it, you get nervous for no reason. You get a weird feeling in your stomach and you want to touch that person and be with them. You just want to spend time with them."

Everything his mother told him. It all came back. And the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to call Ethan "his". He wanted to make sure no one came close to him. He wanted protect him, to be the one to make him happy, without needing any bubbled.

"You want to be the one for them."

Tyler grabbed Ethan wrist to measure his pulse. "Your heartrate is very quick, are you feeling alright?" Ethan nodded, his blue hair bouncing. "I feel a little weird around my stomach, but that's all." Tyler's heartbeat sped up. Could Ethan feel the same?

"You can't see love from the outside very well."

As he grabbed the boy's hand it lit up a bright pink, as hit by a bubble. But there were no pink bubbles.

"Pink is the colour of love."

Tyler dropped his material and pulled the boy into a kiss, not even considering what exactly a kiss was. He did what his instinct told him. And he liked it. Ethan, surprised, kissed back. Their lips slowly moved against the other's, with passion and feelings.

"You're happy when you're with the other person, angry and envious when you see them with someone else. You're afraid of losing them. The only emotion missing is sadness – which only comes when you have lost them."

Tyler pulled away with a smile.

"They can make you feel emotion."

Ethan lit up with all colours except for blue and the widest smile Tyler had ever seen.

"Love is a mix of all the feelings."

A/N: So it's like...Really fucking short. But it was an idea that has been in my mind for quite some time. I hope you guys like the description of the emotions. THis is how I feel them and I tried putting them in words. Feel free to put your own description next to them in the comments.

Would you guys be down for some kind of army au? I have it already planned out, i won't spoil it though.

I'm going to Vidcon Amsterdam this year!! I'm hoping to meet Smosh and Matpad and Tomska~

If any of you are Dutch, check out my good friend vffemke. If you aren't Dutch, we made a deal she is going to write an English book when she reaches 55 followers so keep her in mind. And she is going to draw me - is that a face reveal??? Nope. Kinda tho.