A picture and a smile

A/N: wtf guys. over 1k reads? Read the authors note for what's happening this time ;)

This is an older story I actually wrote for the bet instead of A kiss to forget so it's really shitty. Buuuut I had to make an excuse to write another long-ass author note so enjoy your suffering.

A PICTURE AND A SMILE

Tyler sighed happily as he took another picture of the sunset. He sat at the beach, complete equipment, taking pictures of the sunset. He had been there for half an hour and the sun was barely visible.

Tyler Scheid was a fourth year photography student and would take his exam this year. He had always had a passion for taking pictures and was more than happy when he got a message he was accepted in the education. He would be able to fulfil his dream: make his passion his job.

He and his class had the task to take a picture of the most beautiful thing they had ever seen. Tyler immediately set off to the beach because sunset at the beach had to be the prettiest thing. He felt like he could drown in happiness.

Click

Another photo down. His tongue poked out of his mouth in concentration as he changed the options from the camera to take one more picture.

Click

With a happy sigh Tyler packed his stuff. He would have to come back tomorrow to take more pictures. They had a little more than two weeks left but Tyler wanted absolute perfection. He wanted to show what he could do. He ran his hand through his hair, enjoying the view.

With his backpack on his back and music on he walked home. His house wasn't far from the beach, but you had to go through a few alleyways. It were those typical dark alleyways where kids would beat each other up in the evening.

Like now.

Three boys were kicking another boy who laid curled up on the ground, trying to protect his face. Tyler had seen it more often considering he went here every day. It was always the same boy and Tyler felt really bad for him even though he had never even seen his face. All he saw is that the boy had a mop of blue hair and was a lot smaller than him.

The next day Tyler walked to school again. He hummed a song, but he wasn't as happy as usual. The boy from yesterday kept wandering in his mind. He was curious how he looked...he shook his head. Concentrate, Tyler, he thought.

His concentration however was destroyed when he caught a mop of blue hair from the corner of his eye. "Wait –" he shouted after the boy. The boy seemed to turn his head slightly, but not enough for Tyler to see his face. He ran towards the blue haired boy, but he disappeared from his sight.

The boy didn't disappear from his mind, not even at school. Luckily he had only classes he did well in, but it still bothered him. If he couldn't clear his mind, he might fail school. And then he would get in trouble with his parents...He sighed and picked up his back. Curse you, blue boy.

"Hey," Mark, Tyler's friend, walked up to him. "You've been absentminded today. Something wrong?" Tyler sighed. "Actually, yeah." The redhead sat down next to him. "Tell me." "Well...yesterday I walked home...and some kids were beating up this boy?" Mark gasped. "Really? Who were they beating up?" "I-I don't know. He has blue hair." Mark's face fell. "Oh. Ethan." Tyler raised an eyebrow. "Who?" "Ethan. He's a famous kid because nobody ever sees him smile. He's also the only one with blue hair around here so you probably are talking about him." Tyler nodded. "Ethan," he whispered. The name rolled easily off his tongue. Ethan.