Chapter Eleven

Thanks for your patience and for sticking with me on Sang's journey! Enjoy and let me know what you think. Your comments are always welcomed and motivating to keep going.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

The coaches were too distracted with something during gym class so they gave us a free period. The male students got a game of basketball going but I just stayed sitting on the bleachers with Nathan and Gabriel.

"You can go play if you want," I said to Nathan.

"Not happening, Peanut," he said as he watched the other students play. Even Karen was playing and holding her own against the boys.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Not my kind of game," he replied and turned to me with a smile. "I'd rather be sitting next to you then trying to steal a ball from a bunch of sweaty male students."

I laughed and went back to watching the students play. The two coaches were by the doors, talking to each other with fervent hand movements.

My mind slowly wandered, going over what happened less than half an hour ago. How I was called down to the principal's office, how Mr. Hendricks threatened me. Owen.

"Sang," Gabriel waved a hand in front of my face and I flinched backwards.

"Wh—"

"What has you making the weirdest face?"

I frowned. "Don't call my face odd. That's rude."

"I didn't fucking call your face odd. You need to let that word go."

"No way. I like it."

He grumbled something about Raven before turning back to me. "So?"

"So what?"

"So why are you making those...different...faces?"

I blushed thinking about Owen and his lips.

Gabriel's eyes widened before he broke out into a wide grin.

"What's with the looks?" Nathan asked, looking between Gabriel and me.

"Sang was getting all cuddly with Owen earlier," Gabriel chuckled and shook his head.

I blushed and looked down at my hands, embarrassed now.

Nathan chuckled and rubbed my back. "Ignore the dirty-minded schoolgirl next to you," he said.

"Oy, I'm not a schoolgirl!"

"You sure act like one."

The rest of the period went by quickly as the two of them teased each other relentlessly. I kept waiting for one of them to finally snap and get mad but at the end, they were only laughing.

I quickly changed out of my gym clothes in the bathroom in the locker room before going out to meet with them. Nathan threw an arm around my shoulders as we worked our way through the hallways to the parking lot.

"We are all going to my house. The Toma team are going to meet us there so we can talk about this dinner party and how it's going to work," Nathan said and I nodded.

I tried to not think about the party because I was scared. I was going to be surrounded by people who were family but they weren't. They were strangers who knew my birth mother. I think that's why I decided I needed to go. To meet those who knew my birth mother. To try and learn and about the woman who lost her life giving birth to me.