The CDC

Kathryn's pov

I herd Jenner shouting something so I walked over and saw a group of people, I saw my best friend and froze in my tracks. 

Me: K-Katie?!

She looked at me and shock went all over her face.

Katie: K-Kathryn?!

We ran to each and met half way, we hugged each other and started laughing. We released each other and we heard someone clear their throat, we looked and I saw a sheriff and a hunter and I gotta say that hunter he is hot.

Sheriff: i'm sorry but how do you two know each other?

Katie: oh sorry guys, this is my best friend Kathryn we went to school together.

Me: nice to meet you sheriff.

He chuckled and they introduced me to the others.

Me: alright if you guys follow me, I'll take you to get a blood sample and before you ask this is Jenner's idea not mine he's Mr. follow the rules. 

We walked into the elevator and rode all the way down to the bottom floor and walked to the lab where we had to take blood samples, I told everyone that when I was done with them they could go to the kitchen and eat. I took everyone's blood test and Jenner showed them the kitchen except for one Daryl, he sat in the chair and I got a new shot. I put it in his arm and he flinched, I looked at him and apologized, when I was done I put a bandaid over it and went to stand up but tripped. I closed my eyes ready for me to hit the floor but it never came, I slowly opened my eyes to see that Daryl caught me bridal style. We blushed and heard a clicking noise, we saw Rick and Katie holding a camera and smiling like idiots. Daryl put me down and we ran after them for the damn camera, when we finally caught them I grabbed the camera and saw the picture. I sighed and deleted the picture of Daryl and me, I turn around and see them picking on Daryl.

Me: alright we need to get all of you to the cafeteria and then I will show you to your rooms.

They nodded and I took them back to the cafeteria, I sat down next to Jenner we talked about where they would sleep. I told him that he can't do anything reckless or stupid to them, he smiles and nods.

Me: well I'll be right back I'm gonna go in the rec room.

I walked out and saw Katie and Daryl look at me in concern, I walked over to the rec room and start to read. Someone walked into the room, I look to see that it was Katie who came in. She walks over and sits next to me.

Me: so how's it going with Rick Grimes there cowgirl.

She blushes and chuckles while lightly slapping my knee.

Katie: as great as you and Daryl Dixon is Mrs. huntress.

I also blush and we start laughing, we sit there talking about what happened after we split up when shit hit the fan. The door opens again and we see Carl, Sophia, and Carol walk in. We played and started reading books, then Lori came in glaring at Katie we both glared back and she put on a fake smile.

Lori: any new books?

I look and see Carl getting up and walking over to Katie, he ignores her and I saw Lori went to grab him when I got up from the couch. She stepped back and gave her a fake smile I clap my hands together and everyone looked at me.

Me: how about I show you guys to your rooms, Katie I'll take Carl to your room and Carol I'll take you and Sophia to your room.

They smile at me and I look at Lori.

Me: I'll show you to Shane's room, Mrs. Walsh.

Katie snickered behind me and Lori glared at her, they followed me to their rooms and thanked me. Carl was talking to me while ignoring Lori which I could tell killed her a lot, I took her to Shane's room and I can tell her face lit when she saw the room. I took Carl to his room and saw his Dad was there.

Me: hey Rick.

He looks at me and Carl than smiles.

Rick: hey Kathryn.

Me: can I talk to you outside.

He nodded and we walked outside, while Carl went to go take a shower.

Rick: everything ok?

Me: yes, yes it is but I wanted to tell you that. You need to stop being sad about Lori and go after the person you love, I know that's my best friend and I can tell she likes you she just doesn't know it or feel it yet. Lori fell in love with someone she loves and Shane fell in love with someone he loves, then you and Katie fell in love. 

He hugged me out of nowhere, I flinched but hugged him back.

Rick: thank you, Kathryn.

Me: your welcome now I have a bad feeling that Shane's gonna do something.

Rick let go and ran towards the rec room, I walked over and saw him beating the shit out of Shane. I walked in and pulled him off of Shane and saw Katie just blushing and holding back tears, I grabbed Shane and showed him to his room. We talked and found out he was just so angry that he wanted to kill Katie and Rick, I opened the door and kicked him in the nuts than pushed him in.

Me: well that's not gonna happen on my watch sorry Walsh.

I walked into my room and saw Daryl cleaning his arrows, I closed the door and he looked at me with confusion.

Daryl: what are you doing in here?

Me: this is my room.

He looks annoyed then nodded, he started getting up and grabbing his stuff.

Me: no you don't have to go. 

He looks at me shocked and surprised.

Daryl: where do you want me to sleep?

Me: you can sleep on the bed with me you get one side I'll get the other side.

He nods and we just stand there in awkward silence.

Me: I'm gonna get dressed.

I walked in the bathroom and got dressed, I walked back out and saw Daryl laying in bed with pajama bottoms and no shirt. I blush and walk over to my side and turn the light off, I lay down and immediately fell asleep.

Katie's pov

Rick and I are talking in our room quietly because Carl's asleep on the couch, Rick told me what Kat said and I immediately start blushing. 

Me: I'm sorry about all this if I just kept my mouth shut about Lori and Shane none of this would be happening, I feel really bad about this and I just want to tell you I'm-

I couldn't finish because Rick smashed his lips on mine, I kissed him back and I had butterflies in my stomach. We pulled back and he rests his forehead on mine.

Rick: Katie do you wanna go out with me?

Me: I would love to sheriff.

He chuckles and kisses my nose, we got dressed for bed and went to sleep. But we didn't know that a certain little boy was quietly celebrating that we were together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: what's gonna happen tomorrow? will Katie get Daryl and Kathryn together? will Shane and Lori do something stupid? what's gonna happen with Lori and Carl's relationship? Find out next time on 'The Time We Met'.