The one I want to protect

I hit the floor of north's workshop and scrambled onto my feet. Frantically I looked around. 

"(Y/N) what are you doing here?" Ryan said. I turned and saw Ryan and James playing cards. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I said still looking around for one of the Guardians. 

"North had a feeling in his belly or something and told us to stay here for a few hours." He simply said. 

"(Y/N)!" Sarah hugged me. I don't have time for this. Sarah could see my worried expression. 

"(Y/N) where's Jack?" She questioned me. 

"(Y/N) glad you could come and visit!" I spun my heel to face North. I ran right up to him trying my best to stay calm. 

"North you have to go and help Jack!" I yelled, pleading. 

"What happened?" He said while trying to calm me down. 

"Pitch he came back." I breathed out, his eyes widened and went straight out with the other guardians. I wanted to go but the reason Jack pushed me through the portal in the first place was to protect me and I'll just get in the way. I sat down by the window just trying to relax.

"You should go talk to her." I heard the others whispering from the other side of the room.

"Why me?" 

"Because you're the first person she told about all this." Sarah really knows how to whisper. I turned and knitted my eyebrows together.

"You know I can hear you." The three of them froze and I just rolled my eyes and went back to staring out the window.  I heard Ryan being pushed forward towards me. 

"H-hey (Y/N) how are you doing?" My gaze turned to an awkward standing Ryan in front of me. 

"Just peachy." I blankly said while pulling my knees to my chest. I watched Ryan scratch the back of his head, not knowing what to say to try and comfort me. 

"I'm fine ok, Jack and the guardians will be back." I smiled at him trying my best to seem fine. He nodded his head about to walk off but for me to almost fall to the ground. 

"Hey (Y/N) are you ok?" He said holding me up by my shoulders. I guess the lack of sleep is finally catching up. Sarah and James came running over.

"What happened?" She said standing me up. 

"I think I just need some sleep," I said touching my forehead. They all took me to Jacks room and I fell right asleep.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up I was expecting to see Jack sitting next to the bed tackling me into a hug and soon after a loving kiss. But I only saw an empty room with a slowly fading away fire going, opposite to the bed. It was the first time I was able to sleep without a nightmare. I sat myself up, hearing a lot of thumping and talking coming from the other side of the room. I slid out of the bed and quietly opened the door. 

"Sandy get the medical supplies!" I heard as I peeked my head through the door.

"What are we going to tell (Y/N)?" Tooth said worriedly while talking to bunny. Tell me what? I had no idea what was happening. I saw a portal close, they must have sent Sarah, James, and Ryan home. As I opened the door more a loud creak voice sounded the room, me getting everyone's attention. 

"(Y/N) you're awake!" Tooth said while wrapping me in a hug. She pulled me from the opposite direction to where all the commotion was. 

"Tooth where is Jack?" I questioned her and she stopped pulling me away. My eyes widened. I turned back coming into the same room and bunny stood in front of me. 

"I need to see Jack!" I cried trying to get past him. 

"I can't let you do that." He said calmly. I didn't stop trying to get past him. 

"This is for your own protection." I stopped and stared at him. Tears falling. 

"You're making it sound like the worst has happened," I whispered and another burst of energy came and I tried to push past him only to be picked up. 

"Bunny stop that, she deserves to see him," North spoke up and I was put back to the ground. I ran over to the couch where north and sandy were and looked down at Jack. His hoodie was torn off and his right arm was in a sling. Having burses all along his stomach and a few on his face. I saw a deep cut on his left arm that sandy just finished stitching up. 

"By the time we made it to the lake Jack was already in bad shape." I nodded my head and brushed some hair from his face. 

"We told him to come back here but he said he had to protect you." I looked up at north. He's like this because of me? I didn't know how to react. 

"He defeated pitch. I didn't know he had it in him" North continued. I looked back down at Jack and I heard him groan. I went around and sat right next to him. North and sandy left and I didn't move from where I was sitting. It was a few hours until Jack groaned again, I lifted my head up and saw his eyes slowly open. 

"You're awake!" I beamed at him. 

"(Y-Y/N) what are you doing here.....Wheres Pitch!" He said trying to sit up. I held his shoulder trying not to hurt him. 

"Pitch is not here. You defeated him." I said still trying to push him back down. His body fell back down remembering what happened. I held his hand not wanting to let go. 

"I.....I didn't know if I was ever going to see you again." I tightened my grip on his hand. I saw his worried expression turn into a light smile.

"It's ok I'm here now." He whispered and his forehead touched mine. 

"No it's not your like this because of me," I spoke feeling my tears fall onto the couch.

" I'm like this because I wanted to protect the person I care for most in the whole world."  I looked into his icy blue eyes. He rubbed his thumb on the side of my face getting rid of some of the tears. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. 

"I love you." I heard him whisper into the crook of my neck. I pulled back and stared at him. Pure joy fill me, making me giggle and I kissed him. 

"I love you too." I cried out in another hug. He yelped in pain. I realized that I hit against his stitched arm.

"Sorry." I said and pulled back. He shook his head and pulled me back into a loving kiss. 

"Don't be." I hummed in the kiss