Twenty Two

Morning light seeped through the window, a gentle yet bitter winter breeze dancing through the air. Lapis groaned at the light, burying her face into the crook of Peridot's neck. The bluenette sighed happily and closed her eyes again.

She was about to go back to bed when she realized something.

It was Christmas!

Lapis sat up, pushing blue hair out of her face. She giggled and began to tickle Peridot's sides. "Peri, wake up!" She laughed.

Peridot groaned, trying to squirm away from Lapis. "Peridot, come on, get up! It's Christmas!" Lapis smiled. Peridot lazily opened an eye, looking up at her eager girlfriend.

"You're like a child." The blonde girl grumbled. Lapis giggled, flopping onto Peridot. "Don't be a grinch!" The tan girl said.

Peridot opened her other eye, sighing. Lapis stared at her with impatient blue eyes. Peridot smirked and closed her eyes again.

"No!" Lapis exclaimed, forcing one of Peridot's eyes open. "Stop that!" Peridot demanded, pulling Lapis' hands away. Lapis pouted, sticking her bottom lip out in an angry manner.

"Come on, Peri!" Lapis groaned. Peridot laughed, sitting up. "Fine, fine." The pale girl said.

She sat up, not able to stand because Lapis was sitting on her. "Up." Peridot said. Lapis smiled, hopping off the bed.

Peridot followed Lapis into the living room, rolling her eyes as the bluenette gasped. "I wonder how all of these presents got here!" Lapis exclaimed.

Peridot snickered, joining Lapis on the floor. "Well I for one totally know you didn't leave bed last night to put them here." The blonde girl replied sarcastically.

"Nope, must be Santa did." Lapis giggled. Peridot rolled her eyes again.

"Well Santa didn't set out my presents for you, so I'll be right back." Peridot said. Lapis watched her go, smiling as Pumpkin bounded into the room. She grabbed the puppy and hugged him.

"Merry Christmas, Pumpkin!" The bluenette beamed. The chubby puppy barked, licking the tan girl's cheek.

Finally Peridot came back out into the living room, arms full of presents. "Jesus, Peri, don't tell me those are all for me." Lapis blushed. Peridot sat the gifts down, rubbing her arms.

"Of course they are. The best gifts for the best girlfriend." Peridot smiled, sitting next to Lapis and pecking her cheek. The blue haired girl wrapped her arms around Peridot.

"Here. Open this." Peridot said. She handed Lapis a rather small box. The tan girl gently took it, "Thank you."

Lapis tore open the paper in a neat fashion, now opening the box. In it was a snow globe with little sea animals inside. Lapis smiled, taking the globe out and shaking it lightly.

"Turn the crank." Peridot said. Lapis nodded, turning it a few times. "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid played.

Lapis listened, watching the little sea animals move. "I love it." She smiled to Peridot. Peridot grinned, hugging Lapis from behind and resting her chin on her shoulder.

"I'm glad. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you." The blonde girl said. Lapis giggled, "Thank you."

"Okay, open yours." Lapis smiled. She held the snow globe still. Peridot opened her present, cheeks heating up.

In the box was Queen's record, "Hot Space". Peridot looked at Lapis, a smile spreading across her face. "Dancer is on this one." The blonde girl chuckled.

Lapis nodded, smirking. The two girls laughed together.

After what seemed like forever, presents were finished. Lapis and Peridot were cuddled on the couch watching Netflix when Lapis jumped up. "Wait! I forgot something!" The tan girl exclaimed.

Peridot watched as Lapis scurried out of the room. She waited, putting her feet up on the coffee table.

Suddenly Lapis came out with a huge board. On it were photos of she and Peridot. Peridot grinned, standing.

"Lapis, this is beautiful." Peridot smiled. Lapis smiled back, blushing. Peridot hugged Lapis.

"We can hang it right in the living room." The blonde girl said. Lapis nodded, setting the board against the wall. Peridot kissed Lapis' cheek, pulling away.

"I also have something else for you.. hold on." The pale girl said, walking out of the room. Lapis waited, watching as Pumpkin curled into a ball on the couch.

Peridot walked out of the bedroom, hiding her hands behind her back. She held out a small box to Lapis.

"Merry Christmas." The blonde girl smiled, a light blush settling on her cheeks. Lapis took the box, heart fluttering.

She opened it, tears welling in her eyes as she saw what was in it.

A ring; with two hearts made of peridot and lapis lazuli.

Lapis smiled at Peridot, tears rolling down her cheeks. She slid the ring on. "I thought you'd like it." Peridot blushed.

"I love it." Lapis smiled, pulling Peridot into a tight hug. The bluenette giggled quietly, wiping her tears. "I thought you were proposing to me." She laughed.

"No, not yet. It's too early. Consider this a promise ring." Peridot laughed. Lapis closed her eyes, rocking back and forth with Peridot.

"Merry Christmas, Peridot."

"Merry Christmas, Lapis."