Nineteen

Blue
[Trigger warning! Do not read if pills trigger you!]

Day three.

Lapis rolled out of the lonely, cold bed. She sighed and grabbed her blue robe off the wall. The tan girl put it on, walking into the living room.

Her head was pounding. She just wanted Peridot to come home. When was this going to end?

Lapis plopped down on the couch, pulling a throw blanket over herself. The bluenette rubbed her forehead with her thumb and index finger. She closed her eyes, ignoring the sound of Pumpkin's paws thumping against the wooden floor.

The chubby puppy sat in front of Lapis. He wagged his fluffy tail, brown eyes twinkling. The pup waited for Lapis to pay attention to him.

After a few minutes, Pumpkin noticed Lapis was ignoring him. He barked and hopped to his large paws. Lapis groaned, holding her face in her hands.

Pumpkin jumped on Lapis, barking. He licked the tan girl's face. "Pumpkin, please. Leave me be." Lapis frowned.

She put the chubby pup back on the floor, laying down and rolling over. She didn't feel like dealing with him today. She missed Peridot so much..

Lapis sighed, closing her eyes. She groaned as Pumpkin began to whimper. The bluenette quickly grabbed her phone, scrolling through her contacts.

Pearl...
Steven...
Garnet...
Peridot...
Ruby...
Sapphire..

Nobody on that list could watch Pumpkin except...

Amethyst!

Lapis clicked on Amethyst's contact.

Lapis: Hey Amethyst, I'm not feeling too well today. Do you think you could take Pumpkin for a couple hours?

The tan girl put her phone on the coffee stand, wincing as Pumpkin jumped on her. She ached everywhere. "Pumpkin.. down." Lapis said, voice monotone.

It took a few minutes, but Lapis finally got Pumpkin off of her. After that her phone went ding!

Amethyst: Sure thing Blue! What time?

Lapis: Any time works.

With a sigh, Lapis lay back down on the couch. She hoped Amethyst would show up soon. The bluenette stared at the Christmas tree blankly as she waited for a reply.

Ding!

Amethyst: I'll be there in fifteen :)

Lapis: Okay. Thanks.

Lapis sat her phone back down. She felt bad for sending Pumpkin off, but he was just too much today. She wanted alone time.

Soon enough, there was a knock on the door. The tan girl forced herself off the couch, legs feeling like jello.

Shakily, Lapis opened the door. There stood Amethyst and Steven.

"Hiya, Blue!" The purple haired girl exclaimed. Lapis smiled, taking a few steps back so her two friends could come in. She closed the door, blocking out the bitter winter cold.

"Hi, Lapis!" Steven grinned. "Hi, Steven." Lapis smiled, voice hushed and shaky. The curly haired boy gave Lapis a skeptical look.

"Are you okay?" He asked as Amethyst began to search the house for Pumpkin. "I'm fine, just not feeling that hot." Lapis replied.