One

Loathe At First Sight

'There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me:
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie'

David Bowie's Starman was one of the best things to wake up to. A beautiful song by a legendary singer. Who wouldn't want to wake up to it every morning?

Well, you see, after waking up to David Bowie's Starman every morning you begin to grow a bit frustrated.

Peridot Diamond slammed her hand down on her alarm clock, groaning as she did so. She then rolled over and closed her eyes. Five more minutes of sleep wouldn't hurt anything, right?

Wrong.

Peridot's phone began to go off, waking her. The blonde haired girl sighed and sat up. She then reached out for her phone on her night stand.

Amethyst 7:45 AM: Yo, where r u? Ur gonna be late.

Amethyst 8:00 AM: OMG ur late lmao

Peridot gasped, throwing her phone on the ground. She had never been late before! She didn't even realize how long she fell asleep for!

Quickly the short girl scurried throughout her house, getting all of her supplies for school. She then changed into a green flannel with a black t shirt underneath. Now it was time for her hair, the part of her morning that took the longest.

Peridot got a glob of hair gel on her hair and began to shape it into a triangle. Her haircut was already a triangle, but it flattened out sometimes after sleeping on it.

A few minutes had passed, and Peridot was finally done. Her hair didn't look the greatest but she really didn't care. She had to get to school!

The short girl grabbed her bag and headed to her little green car. She got in and started it up, pulling out of her driveway. Peridot turned the radio on to her favorite station.

Queen was playing, which made her smile. Classic rock was Peridot's all time favorite. The blonde's focus on the road and song was then broke as something.. or someone caught her eye.

There was a tall, tan girl with blue hair angrily walking on the sidewalk. She too must be late for school. Peridot didn't even realize it but she was slowing down.

"Hey, what are you slowing down for you creep?!" The strange girl yelled. Peridot stopped her car and rolled the window down. "I um... I noticed you're late for school. But that's okay, because I am too and-" Peridot was cut off.

"Well now you're making us even more late, get moving." The bluenette said. "D-do you want a ride? That way you won't be super late." Peridot stuttered. The tan girl narrowed her blue eyes, staring at Peridot for a moment.

"Sure."

Peridot nodded and gestured for the other girl to get in the passenger seat. The bluenette got in, wrinkling her noise at the music playing. "Is something wrong?" Peridot asked as she began to drive.

"You listen to this kind of stuff?" The girl asked. "Yes." Peridot answered. "Psh, lame." The tan girl said as she pressed a button and changed the station.

"Hey, this is my car." Peridot said, keeping focused on the road. "And?" The bluenette smirked. "And I don't appreciate you changing the station." Peridot said.