Twelve

Winter Ball

"Okay, you've got this. Yeah.." Peridot muttered to herself. She looked at herself in the mirror before heading out. It was the night of the Winter Ball, and she was to pick Lapis up.

She wore a black suit with a red tie. Hopefully it was fancy enough. She was excited to see Lapis.

The blonde girl made sure she had everything she needed and walked out the door. She locked it then walked to her car, which she got fixed.

Peridot got in and turned the radio on. She headed to Lapis' house. A few minutes passed but she got there rather quickly.

The pale girl parked outside of Lapis' house, waiting. She looked out the window for her. In one of her hands was a bouquet of blue roses.

Lapis soon emerged from the door. "Bye, mom!" She called. Peridot felt her face heat up, she was so beautiful.

Lapis was in a gorgeous blue dress. It had a black bow around the waist. The necklace Peridot got her was around her neck.

Peridot fixed her tie and waited for Lapis to get in. When she did, Peridot blushed. "These are for you... you look gorgeous, Lapis." The blonde girl blushed.

Lapis took the flowers, she too was blushing. "Thanks Peri, you look adorable." She grinned. Peridot felt her face get even hotter.

Peridot then headed to the school, smiling as Lapis sang along to the radio. When they got there Peridot frowned. There were barely any parking spots left.

Lapis noticed this and looked out the window, trying to help. She then pointed. "Over there?" She asked Peridot.

Peridot nodded, turning the car and parking. She hopped out quickly then walked to Lapis' side. The blonde girl opened Lapis' door for her.

Lapis smiled and kissed her, a glimmer in her blue eyes. Peridot took her hand and pulled away. "Ready to go in?" The pale girl asked.

"Yes." Lapis replied. So they walked in, hand in hand.

"Hi Peridot, hey Lapis." Greeted Sadie. Peridot didn't know Sadie was in Student Council. Huh.

"Hi, Sadie." Peridot said. "So you two are here as a couple, right?" Sadie asked. "Yep." Came a reply from Lapis.

"Okay... that'll be twenty five dollars, please." Sadie said. Peridot nodded and quickly gave the other girl money before Lapis could. "Have a good time!" Sadie called as they walked towards the cafeteria.

"Thank you!" Lapis called back. Peridot smiled and waved at Sadie.

When they reached the cafeteria, there were lights and music. It was very well decorated. "It's so beautiful.." Lapis muttered, eyes wide.

Peridot smiled and nodded. Many other people were already there. They chattered amongst themselves, some even danced.

Peridot checked the time on her phone. They were approximately fifteen minutes early. The dance actually started in ten minutes.

She glanced at Lapis, who was looking around. Her blue eyes seemed to shimmer in the lights. Peridot smiled and quickly snapped a picture.