"Okay, come here."

"But the driver?"

"The driver will say what he wants, I'm not letting you have a breakdown."

The small girl cuddled against her side as close as she could, relieved to be in contact with Lauren again.

"Do you want to talk about it, now?"

"I don't wat to talk about it, period."

"That's not happening, baby. No more bottling up emotions."

"Is that a rule?"

Lauren finally realized what was going on. The rules! Of course! It was stupid, but Lauren had just felt nervous about them, worried that Camila would change her mind at the realization, and that all this –whatever this was- would come to an end. It was selfish in a way, she just wanted a few more moments. Those past hours had been like a dream come true, and she wasn't ready to pop that bubble, but she had it all wrong. Camila wanted the rules, she craved to be given limits; there was nothing to worry about.

"I'm sorry, baby. I should have given you the rules before we left the room. How about this: I tell you the rules right now and tell you about our afternoon?"

"What if I don't like the rules?"

"We can discuss them if some make you feel uncomfortable, but ultimately the choice comes down to me. Ready?"

Camila nodded in the crook of neck, already feeling a bit better knowing that.

"Alright. First rule: Always put your health and wellbeing first. Second rule: You're not allowed to lie to me. And you're not a good liar so don't even try! Third rule: Don't be reckless. No more seatbelt or suitcase incident, or I'll have your ass. Fourth rule: When I say it's time to go to bed, you go to bed. It's time we start really working on your sleeping schedule. Fifth rule: if at any point you feel uncomfortable, you tell me or use your colors. And final one: no pizza."

"WHAT?? How long is this bet supposed to last??"

Lauren burst out laughing, she knew that one would get a reaction out of her.

"I'm kidding! It wouldn't be fair, you already have no chance of winning; I might as well make it last a bit! How does a week sound?"

"Deal, and for your information, I will win!"

"Of course you will."

"Don't say that...I can be good!"

"Baby, I know how good you can be for me or others, but when it comes to you..."

"I'm just...not used to thinking like that."

"I know, that's why I want to do that for you. Would you let me, baby? Make sure you're good for yourself?"

Butterflies were exploding through Camila's stomach. She was always trying to deal with things on her own by fear that she would bother people; but here, Lauren was offering. She wanted to do that for her, she wanted to be that person. Once again rendered speechless by Lauren, she nodded.

"Any rectification?"

"No."

"Good, how about I tell you about our afternoon, and what I was looking at on my phone instead of looking at you?"

Camila blushed, she couldn't explain why she had felt that way, but she was glad that Lauren's attention was back on her, nonetheless.

Lauren turned back on her phone, and showed her screen to Camila.