Chapter 11

Clary's POV

When I woke up and I found myself chained up. I looked across the room to see Jace chained to the wall as well. I pulled on the chains but a intense burning sensation went through my wrist.
I didn't scream but I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"C..Clary?" I looked up. Jace had regained consciousness.

"I'm over here, I'm ok." Just as I finished my brother came through the door.

"Hello you two, have a nice nap."He said with his signature sly smirk plastered on his face.

"Let us go Sebastian, we don't want any trouble." Jace had so much confidence in his voice, it's one of the reasons I love him.

"Oh I'm not doing that. You see, you two are here for one reason. I needed leverage."

"Leverage for what Sebastian?" I asked, concern dripping from my voice for mine and Jace's safety.

"Jace is the leverage, to convince you to join me my dearest sister."

"I'll never join you and you know it."

"We will see."

Sebastian made his way over to Jace. As soon as he was near enough he punched right in the face. I could already see the bruise forming around Jace's eye.

I pulled on the chains, and once again the burning shot through my wrists.

Time lapse. After Sebastian has beaten up Jace.

"Stop stop!!. Please I'll do anything just stop hurting him." I screamed. Jace was in and out of consciousness and in just a few more punches he'd be fully out.

"You mean it. You'll do anything?" The same smirk started to appear on my brother's lips.

"Yes, I'll do anything."

"Join me sister, and I'll leave him alone."

"...No, I'm not joining you"

"Suit yourself"

Sebastian left the room. When he came back, he had a whip. The same whip he used on me. He exposed haves back and whipped him repeatedly.

After several torturous minutes, I'd had enough. "Stop!Stop! I'll join, I'll join you just stop please!"

"Thank you Clarissa."

Sebastian comes over to me and takes off my chains. I immediately run over to Jace and iratze on him.

"C..Clary, w..Why did you join him?"

"To save you. I love you and I hate watching him hurt you."

"Clary, I can't lose you. Not again." Jace sounded heartbroken, and it was breaking my heart.

"You'll never lose me"

"I'll find a way to get you back. That's a promise."

I pressed my lips to Jace, and savoured the blissful kiss. Remember how his lips tasted against mine. How they fit together like to jigsaw pieces.

"Ok Clarissa, it's time to leave. Let's go."

I stood up and walked over to my brother. He drew a portal, the last thing a saw were Jace's golden eyes looking at me as I stepped through the portal.

Jace's POV

I can't believe I've lost her again. Just as I got her back she slipped right through my fingers. The doors to the room opened again and in came Izzy. "Jace!"

"Izzy, is it you? As in the real you?" I'm not going to be tricked again.

"Yes it is, I'm so so sorry for everything I did. He was controlling me. Come on let's get out of here."

"Izzy, he took her. He took Clary." I felt a lump start to form in my throat.

"We'll get her back, I promise you. But right now we need to leave." Izzy took out her stele, drew a portal and goes both headed back to the institute

I just hope Izzy is right. I'm not going to stop till Clary is back in my arms.