Chapter 8

*2 weeks later*

Clary's POV

I got beat up again. Sebastian tortures me until he sees fit. He thinks I'll give in, but I won't. I'm stronger than the Clary he knew from a few years ago. It takes more to break me.

I was in my room, or what I call my cell, as the side is always locked. I was drawing Idris in my sketch pad. It's from memory but it's still as beautiful as I remember. 'the glass city' as I call it, it shines like sunlight reflecting off glass.

Suddenly my door burst open and two grabbed me. I knew where they were taking me so I didn't fight back. I was taken to a room, what I call the torture chamber, and chained to the wall.

Sebastian came through the two large oak forest at the end of the room. He came over and immediately started whipping me. After the whipping her got a hot metal rod and dragged it along my back.

*Time lapse, after the torturing*

After he finished, he left me there, hanging as searing pain ran through my body. I knew I had to find a way out, but after many attempts all ending in constant torture I failed.

I hung there for about 10 minutes when the doors Burt's open and in came... Nathan. He ran to me and gave an iratze. I felt my strength coming back. He unchained me and embraced me in his arms.

We ran out the room and met up with: Jace, Alec, Simon, Brad, Tom, Matt, Magnus and Harry. We ran outside and demons came from all directions.

Nathan handed me two seraph blades and the fight began. I took on a Ravener demon, which I had gotten better at killing. With two quick swipes I cut the demon in half.

3 dravoc demons came at me, luckily Brad came and gave me a hand. Once they were dead me and Brad went to help everyone else.

A scream pierced my eyes, I turned around to see Nathan. A claw penetrating his stomach and producing from his back. The claw was removed, the boys killed the demon while I ran to Nathan's side.

I took out my stele and applied an iratze to his wound. It didn't work. I tried again and again but nothing. Nathan took my hand, which was holding the stele, and rested on my lap. I knew what he meant but I wasn't letting it happen.

"Nathan I'm not losing you" I whispered

"Y..y...you h..h..have T..T..to l..let m..me g..go" he stuttered.

"No, please, I can't lose you" I felt tears begin to well up behind my eyes.

"D..do s...s..something F..for m..me?" He asked, losing his breath.

"Anything."

"I..in m...my r...room a...at t..the I...in.. institute..I..in m...my d...drawer T...T..there...I..is..s.. something..F...for..y... you."

"And I promise you, the couple be the one to give it to me" I turned to the others " please we need to help him"

Magnus came over and out a hand on my shoulder" there isn't anything we can do" I felt the tears slowly roll down my cheeks.

"D...don't c...cry I...I..d..don't l..like T..to see....y...you c..cry* i knew Nathan didn't have long.

"I'm not losing you" I was crying fully now.

"I.. l...love y..you c..Clary F... Fairchild"

"And I love you, Nathan Firestone"

I leant down I kissed him, gently. When I pulled back, his eyes were closed and his breathing had stopped.

I cried, and cried until I felt a pair of arms holding me. I saw Jace. I put my head on his shoulder and cried my eyes out. The love of my life was dead, and it was all because of my brother.

I swear on Nathan's life that Sebastian will pay for this. If it's the last thing I do.

Magnus drew a portal, Brad and Harry picked up Nathan's body and took it to the silent city, I went through the portal and landed on my bed, in my room at the institute.

I ran out my room and to Nathan's, hoping it was all a horrible dream and that when I open his door he'd be there. He wasn't. I remember what he told me and went to his drawer.

I saw a little box with my name in it, I took it out and opened it. It was necklace with the letters N and C on it joined my an infinity sign. I felt tears leave my eyes as I looked at the beautiful necklace.

I heard a knock at the door and Jace came in. "I'm sorry for your loss, he was a great guy" Jace's words made my heart skip a beat.

"He was, he was the greatest thing that ever happened to me." Jace came over to me and helped me put the necklace on.

Nathan was gone from my life now, but Sebastian is still out there. And I'm going to find my brother and do the same thing I did to my father. Kill him...