Capter 2

*4 years later*

Clary's POV

It's been 4 years since I left New York, and I feel great. I'm now the best female Shawdowhunter. The old Clary has gone, the girl who couldn't handle a fight, the girl who feel in love with the wrong guy, the fragile little girl is no more.

I now live at the Miami institute in Florida. When I portalled out my room all those years ago, I ended up in an alley in Miami. I got surrounded by demons. The boys from the Miami institute saved my life.

There is Matt, Harry, Tom, Nathan and Brad. I'm the only girl who lives in the institute but that doesn't bother me. The boys tease me but I get my revenge. Last week I scared Tom by hiding a clown mask in his room so when he woke up it would looking right at him.

I love my new life, and my new boyfriend. My boyfriend is Nathan. He is sweet, caring, cute and he is the best male Shawdowhunter. We make a hell of a team.

I was in the training room practising my throwing skills. Every dagger hit the target right in the centre. Suddenly Matt burst through the doors. "Dude what's wrong?"

"Meeting...in...library" I could tell he was out of breath.

"Ok let's go." We ran to the library. All the guys were in there. I went to stand next to Nathan who put his arm around.

"Ok so the Clave is sending us to help another institute who has some demon problems they need help with." Tom informed us. He was the leader of our little group. Like an alpha to a pack of wolves.

"Which institute?" It would help if we knew where we were going. Immediately Tom looked at me.

"Clary you quite familiar with the area. We're going to the New York institute." What. I'm returning after 4 years.

"Ok, that doesn't bother me, I get to see my family, friends and the reason I left in the first place."

"Ok every body get what you need, we leave in an hour." When Tom finished talking we all left to our rooms to pack.

*55 minutes later*

I was in the library with everyone else getting ready to leave for New York.Tom opened the portal and one by one they went through. It was just me and Nathan left to go through. "Together?" He asked

"Together" I replied, he took my hand and we both went through. I was going back to what used to be home.

Jace's POV

The Clave were sending some people from the Miami institute. There had been an increase in demonic active so they thought we should need some help. Apparently we were not only getting help, but the best female and male Shawdowhunters were among the group.

We were all the library awaiting there arrival. Everyone was still mad at me after what happened, especially since I was with the girl I cheated on Clary with. Alec, Izzy, Simon, Jocelyn, Luke, Magnus and Maryse were all in the library as well.

The floor started shaking which meant someone was coming through the portal. 6 people came through the portal. 5 were at the front and there was one person who stood behind them all. I was surprised to see that the front 5 were all boys, the person behind must be the girl.

They all had hoods on so we couldn't see there faces. "Can you please remove your hoods and introduce yourselves" Maryse asked. She was still upset with me about the whole Clary thing.

The first one removed his hood, "I'm Tom."

"I'm Matt"

"I'm Harry"

"I'm Brad"

"I'm Nathan" when the last one finished they moved out the way to reveal there final member.

"I'm Clary" no way. It was Clary, she didn't look the same. Her hair was darker, she was taller and had little highlights in her hair.

Everyone looked at her, there was a silence which was broken by Jocelyn. "Clary, is that really you?"

"Hi Mom" Jocelyn walked up to Clary and gave her a hug which she returned. Jocelyn then stepped back and Clary looked at us all. Then her eyes fell on me, one of the guys, Nathan, took a step closer to Clary and held her hand. Are they a couple?

"If you wouldn't mind, but can we talk to Clary?" This came from Maryse.

"Only if Nathan stays." It was Clary who replied.

"That's fine." Then all of them left except for Clary and Nathan.

"Clary, we need to ask you some questions." Time to get some answers.