Capter 4

Clary's POV

I kept riding until I reached the Brooklyn bridge. I walked down to the edge of the river and just sat down on the side. I need to get some air. I knew coming back was a bad idea but I needed to help them with the demon problems.

I can't believe he is dating the girl he cheated on me with. But I don't care because I have Nathan. I heard a voice from behind me. "What's wrong sister?" It couldn't be.

I turned around and saw, "Sebastian."

"Yes dear sister, it's me. Instead of sending some demons I thought I'd come see you in person."

"Why are you here?" Nothing good can come from him being here.

"To warn you. Darkness is coming and depending on the side you choose, will determine if you're going to be safe or in danger. Goodbye sister, see you soon." And just like that he twisted his ring and vanished.

What did he mean by the side I choose. I walked back to my motorcycle, got on and headed back to the institute.

Nathan's POV

Clary stormed out. I followed her and saw her getting on her motorcycle. "Nathan leave her, she just needs to be alone." I turned around and saw Tom.

"Ok but if she's not back in an hour I'm going to look for her."

*55 minutes later*

It's been 55 minutes since Clary left and I was starting to get worried. I decided to go look for her. I geared up and heard to the main doors. I was a few feet away when they swung open and Clary came in. She saw me ran to me and hugged me.

I put my arms around her, she was shaking. I strokes her hair and she seemed to start earning down. "Come in come back to my room and we can talk ok?" She nodded and we went to my room in which I was staying in.

She sat on the bed I then left the room. I came back we some hot cocoa for her, it's her favourite and it always helps. "T...thanks" she kept the cup near to get the heat from it.

She finished drink it and I was about to ask what happened when she started to tell me. "I went down to the Brooklyn bridge and down to the river. Then my brother, Sebastian showed up. I thought I wouldn't see him again but I was wrong. He said Darkness is coming and depending on what side you choose, will determine if you're going to be safe or in danger. I don't what he meant but I'm scared because I know what he's capable and if what he said is what I'm thinking, no one is safe."

When she finished he hands started shaking, I out my arms around her and hugged her. She's told me about her brother, the things he did to her and her friends and family.

After a while, Clary feel asleep. I put her in my bed and went to find my friends and tell them whats happened. I went down to the library and everyone, including the New York institute resistances, were there. Well this is more than convenient.

"Everyone we have a problem." As soon as I said that everyone looked at me.

"Nathan what is it? What's the problem?" Asked Matt.

"Remember when Clary told us about her brother?" The guys nodded, but the institutes residents had shocked faces, almost scared looks on there faces.

"Well he's back, Clary was at the Brooklyn band he was there." I told them what Clary told me. The all they guys were stood up, the institutes residents were shocked and possibly scared.

"If it's true, he's back. Nothing good is going to come from it. He's dangerous, more dangerous than his father, Valentine." Spoke Maryse, there's was a slight edge to her voice.

"We must prepare for anything, he's unpredictable. We maybe safe in the institute but he is capable of anything." Spoke the black haired girl, Isabelle I think.

"Clary told us enough about him. With us here he's not getting near her." Spoke Brad. He's the eldest, he treats Clary like a younger sister. Always going to protect her. But that goes for all of us, especially me. Clary may be a good fighter but when she told me about Sebastian it was like she was so fragile, if you touched her she would break. I will always protect her, till my last breath.

"Ok then, we need a plan. He'll come for us all, especially Clary. We can't let him get her or any of us. He maybe part demon but we are part angel. We can defeat him" I finished my little speech and Tom gave me the thumbs up.

We all separated, I went back to my room and sat in a chair and watched Clary as she slept peacefully. I will protect her, not matter what. Even if it kills me I won't let her get hurt. Not again.