Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite

Start from the beginning

“It is most definitely human, but this whole area stinks of wolf, here give me a hand here and push,” we shoved the dumpster out of the way and there was another body lying behind the dumpster hidden from view a very small body. “Ah so that was the stench I was smelling, a wolf, a young one a that.” We check it over what there was of it. 'Bavo, Lady Gaia, you both should see this. We are out behind the college where the dumpsters are located at.' Lady Gaia called them both to join us.

A moment later we all circled around the body of the young wolf trying to get any evidence we could from his child-like body. He couldn't have been more that ten or twelve years of age, and left here no more that the night before. To be killed at such a young age and in such a violent way was unbelievable. We placed a call to the local Alpha to have him come to the scene to identify the body while we waited around gathering more evidence which was a plenty. This was not a random act of violence, the boy must have walked upon a pack of rogue wolves attacking a victim being attacked, and they killed him in the process tossing his body behind the dumpster as an afterthought. All evidence called for the victim being a female human that was dragged behind the college from the side to the back before she was killed then dismembered and eaten by way of her scent all around the area. Very little blood was left behind meaning a joint effort a vampire started the attack with werewolves finishing it.

The Alpha walked up to Bavo and introduced himself as Alpha Atka in his native tongue and Bavo replied. “Nice to meet you,” back in kind. “Please, if you will check out this body and tell us if it is one of your kin?” Bavo indicated the body in question. The Alpha squatted down before the body then lowered his head into his hands and weeping over the boys body before rising to his feet once again.

Atka looked to Bavo whipped the tears from his eyes before speaking. “Aye, it is one of mine, a young cub of eleven summers strong,” more tears formed in his eyes, but didn't fall. “he is of how do I say the sister of my sister's mate's cub.” he reached down to picked up the child’s body to take him with him. Bavo offered to help, but Alpha Atka shrugged him off and just carried the cub himself.

“We are so sorry for your loss Alpha. Do we need to report this?” Bavo asked.

“No! He shook his head vehemently side to side. “We of the Timber-Wolf Pack take care of our own, no police, on human ever.” he carried the small wolf boy to his awaiting SUV and placed him into the back where several pack member waited around the old rusty truck. He turned back around. “May the Moon Goddess grant you all the power to catch his killers.” he turned and was gone in a cloud of dust.

“That was... eventful. So,” I though out loud. “Where do we go from here,” I asked no one in particular. I looked down to where the young wolf had been laying on the ground and spotted a shiny sparkly thing, reaching down to pick it up finding it to be a mans bracelet with Tonrar imprinted on it *The Devil* 'in reference the name it meant' This had to belong to one of the attackers the boy must have ripped it from his arm. The clasp was broken I noticed upon closer inspection. I handed it first to Bavo to look at the to Icka to get in imprint for tracking. In no time at all she was off and running through the small wooden corps of trees out behind the college.

We followed her through back allies, city streets, and more woods, eventually ending up in front of a run down house on the outskirts of Anchorage. It was one of the movable houses that they use when the land gets too mushy during the spring thaw they can just tow it with a snow machine to a much firmer location. Great idea hate your neighbors hook to your house and tow it someplace else. Inside, there was a racket going on almost like a party with glass breaking, yelling and loud music. We crept up to the building to sneak a peak inside, but were startled to see just two people making all that noise, a man and woman. Man could they ever make a commotion for two people.