Chapter 24- The Truth about the Accident

After having lunch, Toni assist the maid to clear up while the rest went back to entertain themselves. Toni felt uncomfortable as she has never been to such gathering before not even with her parents. As her parents does not have any relative or family when they got marry. Toni was washing the plate and placing it on the drying cloth to dry. Grey suddenly stood beside her.

"Did my dad hire you to wash the plates?" said Grey.

"Yes he paid me more that you do. Take that cloth and help me out." said Toni while she point her finger at the white dry cloth. Grey took it and start to dry the plates.

"It's not bad you being here and having gathering like this." said Grey. Toni turn around and says,

"Really!!! So you don't mind stay here tonight?"

"What!!!I was not known that we are staying?"

"Hehehehe...you dad call and ask me if we like to stay and I agree. I secretly pack some clothes for us." said Toni while giving Grey her cute puppy dog eyes so that he will not scold him. He smile at her, lend forward and kiss her nose.

"I'll forgive you for now!!" he said Toni look back at the plate and smile to herself blushing.

"Oh...there you are. Let the maid do it!!!" said Alice. Toni and Grey turn around.

"Come on...you dad need a hand with his bet and he need his son." said Alice.

"Where's Jeff?" said Grey.

"Oh...he has a conference at his study room. Why don't you help him while me and Toni get some coffee." said Alice. Grey put the clothes away and walk out of the kitchen. Alice then start to make coffee while Toni finish the last batch of plates.

"Toni would you please sent this to Jeff study room. He said he need it." said Alice while she pour some juice into a tall glass and place it at a small tray.

"Sure!!!Where is his study room?" said Toni while wash and dry her hand.

"Go up the stair and walk all the way straight to the end, he's in there." said Alice while giving her the tray. Toni excuses herself and went up to Jeff study room.

Once she walk up the stair, she walk straight to the end. She knock the door but no one answer. She open the door and went in and Jeff was not there. She walk in and was amaze of how big and beautiful the Jeff study room was. A big window at the middle of the room, where the old antique desk and lamp and in front of it is a big sofa to sit. Surround the study room was shelf and shelf of book. Dated from old to the new.

"This is amazing!!!" she said to herself. Once she got to the desk, Toni place the juice on the table. She then walk to the big window and look down where everyone was there having fun. She then saw Grey was smiling at his dad and Richard was having fun with his son after so long. She smile to herself and wanted to walk back out when she accidentally knock the table and some file drop on the floor.

"Shit!!!Ah.." said Toni while she got down on her knees to pick up the files. While she was picking up the file she saw his father names on some papers. She thought that she was seeing something, then her heart keep telling her to open the file.

"This is wrong!!!" said Toni while she open it.

Richard and Grey was walking into the study room to check on Jeff. Richard wanted to sit down to talk to his sons as he wanted to tell them about the company. When he open the study room they saw Toni was on the floor with a file.