the best things happen when you least expect them

Start from the beginning

"As to you, Yaser. Now where's our little prodigy?" the man known as Julio says in a loud boisterous tone as he looks down towards the mini Yaser.

"Dice hello," Yaser says as he not so lightly taps the back of the boy's head.

"Hola, señor," Zayn mumbles as he sticks a hand out which causes the man to laugh.

"Ah, he's cute. He's got your businessman attitude," Julio says. "Vamos then, let's go get him settled."

"I actually need to run, I have to be in Paris by tonight, so do you think you can just take him to his room?" Yaser says as he checks his watch to which the man nods at in understanding.

Yaser then shakes the man's hand before beginning to turn away, however, he's stopped by a small voice.

"Papí, no te vayas," Zayn whimpers as he runs to hug his father's waist.

"Zayn, enough. I need to go work so I can pay for you to be here ¿entender? Mamí will be visiting in a month and she'll take you to get lunch if you're good. Now go with Julio before you make me even more late," Yaser says in his version of softness.

And of course Zayn let's go because that's the tone he's grown to interpret as his father being sincere. So as Yaser walks out the door Julio gently grabs the boy's hand as he then leads him through the crowds of boys who are probably three times his age. Eventually the two arrive at a small brick building that kinda reminds Zayn of the cottage they stayed at when the family went to Switzerland. Upon entering it, though, that idea quickly changed when the boy found the front area to be just like any other office building, except for the fact that behind the glass window he could see some teenagers playing foosball.

"Maria, this is Zayn," Julio says as he reaches down to pick up the boy and place him on top of the glass counter which of course freaks the young one out a bit.

"Oh, Zayn! I've heard so much about you, and I've been so excited to meet you," the young woman known as Maria greets the young boy.

"H-Hello, s'nice to meet you," Zayn says quietly as he continues to look around now that he's higher off the ground and can see things.

"So you do speak English," Julio jokes as he pokes the boy's side. "I was wondering why this British little boy was only speaking Spanish to me."

"Papá says it's polite to speak Spanish when I'm in Spain," Zayn explains as he now makes eye contact with the man.

"You can speak whichever one you want with us, we speak both English and Spanish," Maria explains as she now gets up from the desk. "Should we introduce him to the boys?"

Instead of answering, though, Julio just places the boy back on the ground as he begins to guide him back towards where the older boys were watching TV and playing foosball and air hockey.

"Niños, este es Zayn, y va a vivir con ellos," Julio says which causes a couple of the guys to chuckle while others just look at the small boy in confusion.

"Julio, es un bebé. ¿Por qué vive aquí y no con sus padres?" one boy speaks up as he points at Zayn with a slight chuckle.

"Porque su padre de este chico es Yaser Malik," Julio says with a raised brow and as if that answered every question in the world and the boys just stopped talking. "Jose Tomas y Gabriel, he's with you two."

And before any complaints can be heard Julio begins to take Zayn over to his new room. When the boy enters he automatically notices how the room is just about the same size as his room back home, only difference being he now shares it with two people who to him seem like a million years older.