The Imposter | Chapter Five [Castigate]

This book is now available on amazon.com as an ebook

[Chapter Five]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

castigate \KAS-ti-geyt\

(v.)1. To criticize, reprimand severely, or punish in order to correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it was only about 10:00, we headed over to Olivia's house, in hopes that she would listen to us long enough to hear an explanation. I had no doubt that she wouldn't answer the door, but, that's what spare keys are for.

We pulled into her driveway right as I was sending her a text to let us in. She responded with 'Piss off'. I sighed and texted her back, reminding her that I had a spare key and that we would be in her room in a minute. We had to creep through the house, since her parents were asleep, which was an advantage. Olivia couldn't yell at us, or force us to leave, for fear of waking her parents up.

Andrew entered her room first, ready to take the full brunt of her attack if she decided to go ape-shit-ninja on us. However, we found a surprisingly quiet Olivia glaring mulishly at the door. She regarded us haughtily and raised an eyebrow as if to imply that we were merely wasting her time.

"Livy," I started to say, but Andrew cut me off with a shake of his head.

"I didn't kiss Dayna," he said firmly.

"And I didn't kiss him," I added in.

Olivia looked angry and offended. "I saw you kissing someone," she growled at Andrew, "if it wasn't her, then who was it?"

"The other Dayna," I happily supplied. Andrew groaned and rubbed a hand down his face, while Olivia merely looked angrier.

"Excuse me?" she hissed.

I sighed and plopped down on her bed, "My mini-me kissed Andrew. I was busy fending off James and Connor and Reese, oh and fighting with Kyle the Asshole Drake."

"Seriously?" she fumed, "you expect me to believe that?" Olivia looked ready to kill someone, and since I was within closest range, I figured I would get the worst of it first. "How stupid do you think I am? I saw you," she pointed at me, "kissing him."

"Yah, but you didn't see 'me'," I emphasized, knowing it would irk her.

Andrew took a step forward, placing himself in Olivia's line of vision. "Liv," he murmured, "I didn't kiss Dayna, nor did that Dayna," he said pointing at me, "kiss me." He gave her an apologetic look and continued on, "The Dayna that kissed me had on a sweater or something. Besides, I would never kiss her, because I really like you."

"Same reason," I sighed. When the both looked at me, I grinned sheepishly, "I mean that I wouldn't kiss Andrew because I know how both of you feel, not because I have a crush on you."

Olivia looked like she was starting to believe us, but I wasn't sure if we had her completely convinced. So Andrew and I both mapped out our entire evening, staring from when I was separated from them by James, proving to her that we weren't together at all. She looked sheepish and just a bit ashamed when we finished.

"I guess I overreacted a bit," she admitted shamefully. "Can you guys forgive me?" We both nodded and pulled her in for a group hug.

"So does this mean you guys are going to get together now?" I asked slyly, grinning at Andrew and Olivia's blushing faces.