The Imposter | Chapter Four [Bedizen]

This book is now available on amazon.com as an ebook

[Chapter Four]

-----------------------------------------------------

bedizen \bih-DY-zuhn\

(v.) To dress or adorn in gaudy manner.

-----------------------------------------------------

"You are going and that's final!" Olivia cried, holding up the thirtieth outfit. Each one she suggested I automatically said no to. They were all provocative and slutty. "I'm giving you one veto and one veto only," she commanded. "If you reject this outfit you have to wear the next one." She held up a micro mini skirt and a tube top.

"Hell no," I muttered, disgusted. Olivia grinned and held up a dark green shirt with dark jeans. Her satisfied attitude led me to think that the green shirt was her plan all along. I looked at it carefully and decided that it wasn't so bad. It was going to be tight fighting and probably push my breasts up, but it wouldn't reveal anything or make me feel too uncomfortable.

"I'm so excited for this party!" she squealed suddenly. I hated to put a damper on her high, but why would she be so excited for this party? It was going to be a bunch of dumb jocks, getting drunk and horny, grabbing slutty girls' asses. Sounds like a party to me; gosh I wonder why I never went before.

Olivia noticed my less-than-enthusiastic attitude and scowled prettily at me. "Don't be such a party pooper," she scolded, "It's going to be fun. Just stick with Andrew and me and you'll be fine. I'll make sure those nasty basketball boys don't get their cooties all over you."

I stuck my tongue out at her and grabbed the shirt of the evening, hating the pretty green fabric already. It just looked like it was going to lead to a disaster. Sighing in frustration I slipped my other clothes off and tried the shirt on, grimacing at the tight, but not uncomfortable, fit.

Olivia took one look at my face and burst out laughing, "It really isn't that bad, Day, but you should probably change your face." Her eyes flitted over the top and stopped at my bust, "And you should lose the bra."

I looked down and realized that my bra was merely making the situation worse. It was confining my breasts and pushing them flat...not attractive at all. Muttering obscenities under my breath, I unclasped my bra and pulled it off, giving a sigh of relief when I could breath again. "I'm not really comfortable with," I motioned to my breasts, "going free."

Olivia continued to laugh at me and threw me my jeans, "You look fine, Dayna. The shirt is amazing and makes you look beautiful. Trust me, okay?"

I huffed at her and pulled the jeans on. I was not looking forward to the party tonight and her peppy attitude was not helping, but I knew she would never make me look bad. I trusted Olivia's judgment and if she said the shirt made me look good, then I'd believe her. I still wasn't comfortable ditching the bra, though.

She pulled on a blue dress and Grecian styled flats that flattered her legs. "Wow, Olivia, you look fantastic. Andrew is going to die."

She sputtered indignantly for a moment before giving up completely. She must have seen the look on my face. "Is it that obvious?"

I nodded sagely, "Very, but don't worry, it's our little secret. However," I grinned, "he definitely likes you back."

"Really?" she whispered happily. I nodded again and she gave a quick twirl that had us both giggling.

We had about a half an hour before Andrew would show up, so we quickly did our makeup—and by we I mean Olivia, I have no idea how to use anything other than lip gloss—and did our hair. This consisted of running a brush through my hair a couple times.