6; ♡ Reality Will Eat You Alive.

Start from the beginning

I didn't care about Blake and whatever rumors he had said about me, he was just a pathetic guy that tries to gain attention with badmouthing the others behind their backs. I remember when I used to make fun of him because his actions were so close to the cheerleaders.

He got really angry that day.

But his face was worth it though.

"Girl! That was bad-ass." Anna followed me. Her curly blond hair was having a hard time following her as she was running wearing her extremely high high-heels.

I scoffed. "If he didn't stop his mouth, then he will get it really bad in his ass." She chuckled, clenching my arm with both of her arms, as she brought herself closer to me.

" You aren't really better than him when it comes to having a bad mouth." She stuck her tongue out at me.

I turned my head slightly to look at her, and frowned. "You are lucky that you are my friend."

"I know." She giggled

I rolled my eyes. We continued walking to our next class. I noticed a familiar figure leaning on the locker with a smirk on his face, locking his eyes with mine.

"What is your problem?" I said to him, as I was passing. I thought he wouldn't reply, and just shrug it off, but he followed us and stood right in front of us, making us stop walking.

He held my chin with his fingertips and brought it closer to him. "I just wanted to tell you that you looked so hot when you are angry."

I pulled my chin away from him, and scoffed. "Do you know what do you look like? A pig trying to eat its lunch, but not knowing how. Now leave me alone, Scott." I pushed him away, clearing the way for me and Anna. He chuckled and took  a step back.

 "Okay, okay." He winked before turning around and leaving us alone.

Anna froze in her place, gaping at me. "Did just that man-whore, A.K.A Riley's boyfriend  talk to you?" I nodded. "Oh my god! If she saw you she is totally gonna kill you."

What she didn't know that Riley already saw me. She was standing right behind Anna, and broke her pencil and she was looking at me, as if she was burning with jealousy.

I had the feeling that soon, I will be adding one more person to my enemy list.

That if she hadn't already added me to hers.

                          ○      ○       ○      ○       ○        ○

The day passed a little slower than usual. Riley would show up here and there, her eyes digging through  my flesh.

 For Scott, he would send me those weird stares, including winks, smirks, and - not to forget - stupid comments.

What about Blake?

He was pretty much fuming like a dying chicken. Isaac and the others were trying so hard not to laugh at him. I ignored him, and he seemed to start spreading more rumors about Adam, me, and others.

That guy doesn't have a life.

While I was walking, after dropping Anna at her house, since her house was closer than mine. I noticed that both of the cars that were parked yesterday weren't here, and that meant that Sandy and dad weren't around.

I smiled.

Good.

Even if I was happy that dad is here, I didn't really mind if dad's absent meant her absent too, and I was hoping that her daughter is nowhere to be found in the house.

I entered the house, taking two steps at a time,  feeling a jolt of happiness rush through my body.

But it didn't last long.

Because just as I entered, I saw the familiar small body of a girl sitting on the couch, watching some cartoons. She was holding her big teddy bear tightly as if it will wake up and start walking away from her. Her black hair was ruffled in all places, her brown eyes were sparkling with joy, and her red lips were holding a big grin.

The sound of me closing the door, made her snap her head at me, she held the teddy even tighter than before, and looked at me as if I was going to eat her.

For a second, we just stared at each other, this was the first time we stay alone with each other. I let out an annoyed huff, startling her a little, and walked to the stairs and went to my room.

When I reached there, I changed my clothes, and felt my stomach growl.

I was so hungry.

I missed lunch today because I had to write an extra essay for being late, and I couldn't sneak food in the class since the cafeteria closed completely after everyone finished eating because they had to repair the water line.

"Marry!" I called loudly. But I got no answer as if the house was haunted.

Where is she?

"Marry!" I called again, but this time I got out of the room, and walked toward the kitchen. I didn't find her there too, so I searched the rest of the house, with - sadly - no luck.

Finally, after the pathetic attempts to find her, I went back to the living room, and stood near Jenna.

When she noticed my presence, she looked up at me, biting her lip. I wanted to say something, but I felt there was a lump in my throat that I couldn't swallow easily.

Just take a deep breathe, Jodie.

"Where is Marry?" I asked. She looked down at her teddy, ignoring me. I clenched my teeth together. "Jenna." I reminded her that I was waiting for her answer.

"She went with daddy and mommy," She said weakly. I almost snorted when she called my dad 'daddy'.

"Did she say anything about when she is going to come, or if she left any food around here?" I crossed my arms, I was expecting a reply from the small kid, but I only got a small shake of her head.

I groaned, and threw myself on the couch near her, making her got to the other side of the couch. I looked at the T.V to see what she was watching.

Cinderella.

I cringed.

"Seriously?" I turned to her, "Do you believe in that shit?" she looked down again, and when I thought she wasn't going to answer me, she nodded her head.

I scoffed.

"You know it's a lie, don't you?" I raised my eyebrow, she didn't answer me, and kept looking down, avoiding my eyes. "Oh, you do, you believe in these cheesy things." I chuckled humorously.

I stood up, feeling sick by just looking at the familiar movie. "These things aren't true Jenna, the faster you believe that, the faster your pain, that will come later, goes away. " I murmured, and I knew she didn't hear me. So I went back to my room, feeling sick.

I laid on my bed, looking at the ceiling blankly.

It was the truth.

When your cheesy dreams disappear as you grow up, when all your faith of finding your prince charming fades away, reality will eat you alive.

Harshly.

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                            Next Chapter's Title: Any Last Words?

Dedicated to: ThePotatoHeads. 

Vote , Comment , Enjoy

xxx