Epilouge - Katniss

About eight months later

I stare down at the beautiful baby boy in my arms. 

"What's his name?" asks the nurse.

I picked out the name a while ago, but decided not to tell Gale. I told him I wanted to surprise him, but in reality I didn't want him to veto it.

"His name is Lark," I say, "Lark Christopher Everdeen."

I look at Gale, who smiles. "Don't write that down yet," he says to the nurse, "I want to do something first."

I give Gale a questioning look. My eyes widen as he gets down on one knee and pulls a small box out of his pocket.

"Katniss Everdeen, I love you with all my heart and you make me the happiest man in the world. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I'm so shocked I can't speak. I nod my head vigorously and he kisses me. 

"Just to clarify," he tells the nurse, "his name is Lark Christopher Hawthorne."

The nurse smiles and nods, and Gale returns to kissing me. I don't know how long we stay like this, it could be five minutes or five hours.

"I love you, Catnip," he whispers into my ear.

"I love you more," I say.

He shakes his head and pulls away. I frown. "What did you do that for? I miss you already."

Gale grins. "I know I'm irresistable, but I have two reasons. One, we're in a hospital room and you just gave birth. Two, you lied. You could never love me as much as I love you."

"But I do," I argue, "And I don't care where we are. I love you, and that's all that matters. I should be allowed to make out with my fiancee!"

Gale smiles and kisses me. Softly at first, then more passionately. And in that moment I know that no one has ever loved anyone as much as I love Gale Hawthorne. As I sit here with my little family, I look forward to the days ahead. 

I've put my past behind me, and I'm grateful that I get another chance at life. I'm ready for a new beginning.

THE END!!!!!!!

I'm like crying right now. It's sad to bring this story to an end. But there is some good news: I am planning to write a sequel. I may not post it until later this year becuase I want to focus more on my other stories, but I will post an update on this story when I publish the first chapter. Thank you to all my readers for sticking with me and to my best friend  for all the feedback and great ideas! Also please go read my other story called The Fandom Games, in which all your favorite characters including Hermione, Annabeth, and Clary are reaped for "The Fandom Games". Bye for now!

-Katrina