Chapter 7-Katniss

Wow. Did I just do that? I knew I was mad at him but I didn't think I was that mad. I was pretty sure everyone in the mess hall had heard what I said. Yikes. This would be all over the district by sundown. I hoped Peeta didn't get in too much trouble.
What about Coin? She'll be suspicious when she hears about this. If she thinks that I know, I won't last a day. I know she's trying to get rid of me without raising suspicion. Having me tried unfairly for treason would result in a death sentence, no suspicions aroused.
I still hadn't figured out how to expose Coin's plot. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to face consequences if the plan failed. Then I realized that was stupid. Gale had been willing to face the consequences, and he had died for me, and for Prim.
I owed so much to Gale. My life, my family's. Peeta's. He had tried to save all of district 12 singlehandedly, and he had saved most of it. Until the reaping, he had been my only friend. His friendship was so important to me, I didn't want to involve romance. I was afraid that would destroy our friendship. Now I wished I had acted sooner, but it was too late.
I had come to the conclusion that there was no way to expose Coin without revealing myself. I didn't care. I was willing to do anything to avenge Gale's death, even if it meant sacrificing myself. I would make my move at the staff meeting tomorrow. Coin wouldn't be there, but word was sure to get to her sooner or later.
What pained me most was leaving my mother and Prim. But Gale had been like family to me, and so much more. I wrote a letter to Prim that explained everything. I would leave it behind, somewhere she would find it after I was gone.
Then I wrote a note to Peeta. I told him I was sorry, I should never have encouraged his silly crush. That he had been a good friend to me, nothing more. It was just too painful, he would only make it worse. That I hoped he would find love again someday. I would always remember him, and all he had done for me.
I wasn't sure which hurt more, writing to my dearest sister, who meant more to me than anything. Or writing to the boy who loved me, who had saved my life. I knew almost for sure that I would never see either one of them again. But it was worth it to go be with Gale, the boy I truly loved.
The next morning I woke up with a sense of dread deep in the pit of my stomach. As I slid the note into Prim's dresser, I was almost in tears. I took Peeta's note to Johanna, with instructions to wait until tomorrow to deliver it. I skipped breakfast, and headed straight to the meeting. I took a deep breath and walked through the door.
The meeting was called to order. I spoke first. "There are some issues that need to be brought to your attention. First of all, I'm sure some of you would like to know the whereabouts of Gale Hawthorne. Well, I can tell you. Some of you are aware that Coin had Gale arrested for treason. What you are not aware of is that Gale died in torture last week."
There were murmers and a few gasps as this was revealed. I continued. "Would you like to know why Gale was really arrested? Well I can tell you that too. Gale overheard a conversation Coin was having with some officials in her office. The topic of this conversation was the elimination of my sister Prim!"
Many of the rooms occupants gasped at this, and the officials looked worried. "My friends, do we really want a ruler who would heartlessly murder an innocent young girl because of her sister's suspicions? Is this the kind of person who you want in charge of your lives? Coin is not worthy to be our ruler!"
Many of the room's occupants looked skeptical, but a few cheered or clapped in agreement. Plutarch was one of the few officials who appeared to agree with me. Then they started asking questions.
"Who told you this?"
"Has the plan been put into action?"
"How are we going to fight back?"
I answered their questions as best I could before finishing up. "If you are interested in exposing Coin as the heartless, coldblooded murderer she is, you can help by spreading the news to your friends and family. Soon all of district 13 will know, and there will be a rebellion within the rebellion!" There was more applause, then the meeting was adjourned.
There was a lot of whispering at dinner that night, and I saw a lot of people glancing in my direction. I snuck a glance at Coin, and she looked suspicious, if not confused. Then I saw one of the officials walk over to her, and whisper something in her ear.
Her expression changed from confusion to......did I see fear in her eyes? It had only been there for a few seconds, but it was there. She was actually afraid of being found out! I had to turn away quickly as she glared angrily in my direction. She said something to the guards, then got up and walked out of the room.
After dinner, I walked over to the Hawthorne's quarters. I talked with Hazelle, but my mind was wandering. I was waiting for a voice on the loudspeakers, summoning me to Coin's office. I realized I was afraid. Afraid of torture, afraid of death. Afraid of what Coin would do to my friends and family when I was gone.
I said goodbye to Hazelle and walked back to my room. When I arrived, I locked myself in the bathroom and stared at the mirror. I figured it would be the last time I ever looked at myself. I was brushing my hair out when I heard a voice over the speakers. "Katniss Everdeen, please report to President Coin's office immediately."
I had know it was coming, but it still startled me. I glanced at the mirror one last time. I was as pale as a ghost. I was panicking inside as well. I knew that I had to go, so I rushed out of the room and down the hall. I was was crying so hard I could barely see, and I ran right into Johanna.
She looked worried. "You okay, girl on fire? Maybe you should just sit down for a minute and....."
I didn't have time for this. "I'll be fine, Johanna. I really have to go."  She didn't look convinced, but I shoved her aside and ran towards the elevator. I tried to calm myself down on the elevator. I wiped away my tears and pinched my cheeks, trying to bring back the color.
I stopped in my office to sit in silence for a few minutes. This would be the last time I saw this office, and I wanted to remember everything. I had thought about sitting with Peeta at dinner, but decided against it. I didn't want Coin to hurt him.
When I had composed myself, I walked towards Coin's office. I took a deep breath when I reached the door. Then I knocked.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I've been pretty busy. I'm going on vacation, so I won't be updating this again til I get back.
What do you think will happen when Katniss goes into Coin's office? Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to vote!