Chapter 9 - Katniss

Things only got worse after Peeta left. I was trying my best not to cry, but it took a lot of effort. This had been hard before, but he had made it so much worse. I finally pulled myself together and spoke to Coin.

"If you're going to kill me, please just do it." I know that sounded pathetic, but death would be such a relief right now. So much better than living with this grief and guilt.

She raised her eyebrows. "Giving up all ready? I thought you might want to see your boyfriend one more time before you die."

You could do whatever you wanted with me, but you did not mess with my friends. "Leave him alone!"

"I believe, Katniss, that you have no control over this situation."

Oh how I wished she was wrong. I had been stupid to come here in the first place. Of course she wouldn't kill me. Torture would suffice. Her methods of torture included torturing and killing my friends and family before my eyes. And there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop her.

"This was part of your plan all along, wasn't it? You knew I would try to expose you. I bet every person in that meeting was working for you. You knew that in the end I would surrender willingly because I thought my plan was working. This whole thing was a trap."

Coin smiled. "My, you're catching on quickly. When you are locked up tight, all I have to do is arrest your family and friends. I kill them one by one until you pledge your complete loyalty to me. That is the only way you can save them."

"Why go to so much trouble? Why not just kill me now?"

"Because, while they are alive, they are a threat. A threat to district 13, to the rebellion, and to me. If I kill you, they'll ask questions. Make others suspicious. And we can't have that, can we?"

"No," I sighed, "I suppose we can't." So the options were pledging loyalty to Coin or watching everyone I loved die? The question was, if she killed everyone, then would she kill me? If I knew that she would, maybe that was the best option. But sacrificing my freedom was better than living with guilt for the rest of my life, knowing I could have saved lives and I didn't.

"Now that we understand each other, Miss Everdeen, My guards will take you to your quarters. If she gives you any trouble, officers, feel free to shoot her."

The guards grabbed me and dragged me out of the room. I didn't struggle, because I knew that would only result in more pain. And I wasn't sure if I could take much more.

(Oh my god guys i'm soooo sorry i haven't updated in FOREVER!!!!! My parents took my phone and tablet so i couldn't use the app and my laptop is so freaking slow it drives me crazy. But i decided not to keep you waiting any longer so here's chapter 9. Sorry its short but i'll update again soon! Will Katniss surrender to Coin and save her friends, or will she let them die? Let me know what you think in the comments, i will consider your suggestions!)

-Katrina