CHAPTER 34

Yeah, we're going to have it on the same day this time!!

~~CHAPTER 34: MEHENDI & HALDI~~
Armiah
Song suggestion|Dulhe Ka Sehra

Armaan's POV:

I had woken up with the guys standing around my bed with me completely drenched, still laying in my bed.

The day began with me chasing them around in a water fight before I was dragged to the Haldi ceremony in the garden at 8 in the morning.

Seriously who does this?

The best part was that all the women were showering their love on me by applying haldi to me.

I was right. The groom really is lucky!!

Now I know how great you felt Raj!!

All the girls giggled at the sight of my abs. Girls, control yourself, go ahead and drool, but you ain't getting 'em!!

《●■♡■●》

One by one, everyone finished off. It was a relief when I stood beneath the shower whilst the haldi rubbed off of my body, leaving behind a flawless complexion I had attained.

《●■♡■●》

Jiah's POV:

My day began with my stupid alarm clock going off!!

Ugh!! What a start!!

Knowing what was expected from me, I quickly got dressed in the yellow Salwar-kameez and left my hair as it is, just brushing it out.

I head down the stairs and into the garden of the guest house. It was extremely cold, but since it hadn't rained or snowed, we could hold this function outside.

Each one of the women came forward and applied haldi to me, whispering a small message in my ear, some as advice, and some as feedback.

None the less, it was reassuring.

The messages mostly contained 'not to be shy on th first night', 'trust Armaan', etc. But the one that stood out the most was the message Anjali whispered.

'Remember, he loves you, we love you, you're complete'.

And hugging me, she moved on letting more women attack me.

I was feeling like everyone was wishing me 'Happy Holi' when they came up to me and rubbed the haldi on to me as you rub colour on holi.

It was fun!!

But who I missed most of all was Simran di, yeah she was here, but she really wasn't.

Her heart was somewhere else and I could feel it!!

《●■♡■●》

I had the rest of the day off from all the preperations going on arpund the house as I relaxed.

Oh, the wonders of being a bride!!

Whilst I was reading one of my favourite books, 'The Fault In Our Stars', my door opened up revealing a 4 month pregnant Simran.

She walked over to me and sat down. "What's wrong?" I questioned seeing her red eyes, "he doesn't want it Jiah",

"who doesn't want what?" I questioned once again, "he doesn't want this baby" she said looking down at her growing womb and the nurturing baby inside it.

I put my book aside and pulled her into a hug and let her cry her heart out. Once she was done,  I offered her some of my own advice, "look, Simran di, he'll deny wanting the baby, but how long will it last?" she looked at me,

"once he sees his little son or daughter, his happiness will know no bounds. Men are strange creatures, but they always end up falling in love with their children" she smiled hearing my words.

I pulled her cheeks and said, "you two aren't the only one who are going to be a someone to the baby, what about me? I'm going to become a Maci too, you know!!" I said giving her a pout as she let out a small laugh.

Her tears disappearing. She gave me another hug before leaving the room.

I patted my shoulder. That's a job well done!!

《●■♡■●》

I sat in the middle of the living room of the guest house with my hands being adorned by mehendi.

Apparently, Armaan and his family will be joining this function so I'm eager to see him, I mean his family of course.

The Khanna's walked in with my family greeting them formally. The formality lasted until everyone got into a punjabi-hug fest.

Trust me, they don't end well!!

My eyes seeked him and they finally landed on his, making a smirk appear on his lips.

I was wearing a pink and purple embroidered lehenga with floral jewellery, which was grander than last time.

He was looking so hot in the blue sherwani he was wearing. Yes, I said hot!! H-O-T as in he's my husband not yours!! Well, going to be anyways..

The mehendi artist asked me what my to-be husband's name was and before I could answer, someone already answered for me "Armaan" he said sitting down beside me, looking cautiously at the delicate design.

This time, I had to hide it from him. There is no way he's winning this game!!

"Armaan go away!!" I gestured to the girls to drag him away and they did so as he protested with all his might with his saali's dragging him off.

I laughed eying at his state as he was charged with a fine for peeking at my mehendi. Serves him right!!

《●■♡■●》

The day ended on a good night as everyone feasted on the richest of all delicacies.

This day brought me one step closer to entering Armaan's life forever and making my place permanent.

I am so thankful to God for giving me a boon as him.. Thank you.
_

____________________________________________

Hindi dictionary:
Salwar-kameez: traditional wear; worn by women/girls.
Saali: sister-in-law
Mehendi: henna
Haldi: turmeric
Lehenga: two piece traditional wear; worn by women/girls.
_____________________________________________
Yup, we're nearly there.

Two chapters to go before the wedding!!

Excited?

Armaan and Jiah will finally become one, or will they?

Keep reading.

I don't really want to bore you with a long wedding sequence, so I've kept it quite short and simple.

Hope it's up to your expectations!!