CHAPTER 31

Umm..

~~CHAPTER 31: JIAH'S CONFESSION~~
Song suggestion| Kabhi Jo Badal Barse

Jiah's POV:

My eyes flew open as I blinked rapidly to adjust to the dim light. By what I remember, I blacked out in a sitting position on the bed, crying, but now, I was laying down comfortably all tucked in.

I patted the bed to see if Armaan was still here. Knowing I was the only person occupying the bed, I sighed of relief.

PHEEWW!!

As I sat up in bed, I stretched and let out a yawn rubbing my numb eyes.

As I scanned my surroundings, I saw a masculine figure sleeping on the couch. He's still here?

"And I always will be"

I looked up from my fidgeting fingers into his intense eyes. Did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, you did" he chuckled.

I cursed under my breath but somehow, it was loud and clear for him to hear, "stop cursing yourself".

He got up and buttoned his black shirt up which had a couple of buttons undone.

Buttons, that's where our story started right?

Well, it will end with them.

I got up and moved to the closet which was in a manageable shape and pulled out that one button which was the root of this story.

"This is yours" I placed the button in his palm and moved to the bathroom to get ready, ignoring him in every sense.

《●■♡■●》

When he left, I decided to go to the Malhotra Mansion. It surprised me how they were so rich yet lived such a normal lifestyle where they both worked ordinary jobs.

Now that is appreciation.

As I walked for the two minutes it takes, thoughts flooded me of that day, those horns, those people.

Ugh!!

Should I tell them?

I need to get this off my chest, the guilt is consuming me, drinking me, one sip at a time.

《●■♡■●》

I slipped into the living room and sat on the cozy floor next to the fireplace.

I had made up my mind.

I was going to confess.

《●■♡■●》

Mrs. Malhotra walked in with her regular clothing, a saree, which she usually trades when she is working for more modern clothing.

She takes a seat beside me in the floor next to the fireplace, looking at it contently.

"Mrs. Malhotra?"

"Yes Jiah beta"

"I have something to tell you" she nodded gesturing me to begin. I nervoisly b my lip and licked it before starting.