28

Naomi

"Coming home to you is all worth the days of hard work," Jack said soundly as he ran his fingers through my hair, my head resting on his lap.

"Well, I love you for doing this for us," I said.

He smiled then stayed silent. He was drifting. It was a usual. He was thinking. After a few minutes of silence he finally looked down at me.

"What's up babe?" I asked.

"Don't you think we should stop?" he asked, inquisitive.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked in shock.

"Never," he shook his head & gave me a kiss on the head, "I mean stop what we're doing."

"Heroin?" I asked.

"Everything," his voice let out.

"You're just like them," I grunted & got up from my position.

"Naomi. It's about time. You need to go back to school. I need to start getting serious about life. I'm almost twenty one," he explained.

"Look. I've been through hell & back to where I an now. I deserve this. I deserve something to sooth the pain," I raised my voice.

"Like I haven't? Today I almost got fired from my job that helps us because I showed up high. I'm dangling from a string. My family called me the other day & said they were heartbroken I live like this. I don't know about you but I love my family & I hate to see them upset so I'm quitting!" he yelled. I stared at him with eyes of disbelief.

"Baby do you hear yourself right now? You honestly sound so stupid. So utterly stupid. I don't need to do anything you say!" I stormed to the door.

"Dumb bitch," I uttered & slammed the door behind me.