20

Naomi

"Hi babe," I anxiously greeted him as I closed the door behind me.

"Hey," he greeted me & made his way to me. He was drunk.

"Look baby I need to tell you something," I held his hands, helping him cradle his bottle in his hand.

"What baby what?" he giggled & stretched his words. He was beyond drunk. I had never seen him like this.

"It's serious Jack," I sulked.

"I'm all ears," he smiled a toothy smile at me, falling over & tried to keep his balance.

"Babe," I gulped, "I got fired today. I got high because work was stressing me out & I don't remember much but I was escorted off the premises. I'm sorry."

He looked at me with eyes of confusion, which then turned to eyes of anger.

"You got fired? You're so stupid!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled back at him.

His eyes widen & he slapped me.

I fell back a little, startled as his action.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I screamed. He just dropped his bottle & reached for his belt. He whipped it off & overpowered me. Whip after whip, he beat me.

I screamed. Trying to get him off me but he just kept beating me & screaming at me. Telling me I was stupid. That I was useless. He just kept hitting me & whipping me with his dark leather belt. He got up & began to kick me in the stomach. Over & over. Until my body was bruised all over.

He stopped when he realised there was blood by my nose & mouth. He stared at me one more time. Tears rolling down his eyes. His face red from rage. His hands bloody from the cuts from the broken bottle.

He started to panic, he wasn't himself. He ran out of the apartment & left. As he left me to cripple away on his kitchen floor.