12

Naomi

"What you want baby?" Jack asked as he opened the refrigerator.

"Nothing there. Some Vodka here," I giggled & grabbed two bottles of Vodka from the shelves. Jack looked over at the counter & looked down at the bottle. He opened it & chugged some. He then closed it & put it back on the shelf.

"Babe," I gasped quietly as I hit his chest.

"He's like totally oblivious," he chuckled quietly & reached for his pocket.

"Open up," he took a joint & held it close to my mouth. I opened & held the end between my teeth. He lit it for me & lit his.

"Feels good," he exhaled & closed his eyes. I exhaled & climbed into the shopping cart filled with our drinks.

"Hey! No getting high in my store!" the clerk behind the checkout yelled at us. Jack & I snickered painfully.

"Get out before I call the cops!" he yelled again.

Jack stepped on the bottom bar of the cart & pushed us out the store. He quickly jumped in as the clerk got up from behind the desk. We rode down the street, laughing our heads off & lost the clerk. Jack got out & pushed the cart just around the corner in an alleyway. He jumped back in & cracked open a can of beer.

"That was fun," he smiled & took a long gulp from his can.

"Definitely. Did you see the look on that guy's face?" I laughed.

"Get out before I call the cops," he mocked. We both wheezed from our laughing fits.

"I love you," I looked into his eyes deeply.

"I love you too," he looked at me with soft red eyes.

The street lights flickered vigorously. The air was warm. I rested in his arms as we drank & smoked the night away.

"Does this make us criminals?" I said soundly as I looked up at the stars.

"No," he shook his head, "if anything we're criminals of love," his voice erupted seductively. I giggled & planted kisses on his neck.

"Naomi," he called me, looking into the darkness in front of us.

"Yes Jack?" I responded.

"How long have you not been at school?" he asked.

"Three weeks. I've gotten texts from people & stuff but I never answer them. I don't need to explain myself," I shifted closer to his chest.

"Oh," he uttered, "I can take care of you Naomi. More than you think I can. Because I care about you. Not like everyone else. I'm the only person that cares about you. I love you Naomi," he spoke & went quiet. Like he was thinking of more to say but at the same time, satisfied with what he said.

"Thank you. I care about you too. I love you too Jack," I whispered & closed my eyes. To centre myself because I was getting a headache.