Back to Lothal (Day Five, Final Day)

Kanan, Hera, Zeb, Sabine, Chopper, the Iron Squadron, and a number of previous captives make their way aboard the ship.

Each following behind Kanan, who was carrying Ezra.

Kanan silently walked to his room aboard the Ghost, its members silently following, and he gently placed Ezra down.

He sat in a meditative position in front of his student, searching for any sign of life.

When he found none, that's when the tears came.

They started faint. So small that even Hera had trouble spotting them.

But soon they were hurling themselves down, one after the next from Kanan's unseeing eyes.

Hera sat next to him, clutching him to herself and sobbing with him.

Sabine joined the not-hug, crying as well.

And finally Zeb enclosed all of them, with Chopper warbling sadly next to them.

He rolled up to Ezra and poked him.

"Get away from him!" Kanan shrieked, heartbroken, and he force-pushed Chopper away.

"Now, that's not very nice." Kanan startled.

That voice...

The voice from the temple.

"What do you want?" Kanan asked sharply.

The voice remained soft, "To give you your Padawan back."

"Kanan? Kanan, are you okay?"

Kanan could hear the crew members talking to him, saying something about shock and getting a medic.

All Kanan could focus on was the lack of presence from his Padawan, the voice, and the fact he could see something.

A... a light?

A female that seemed to be the light walked into Kanan's view. He could see her.

"Kanan Jarrus," She stated, "You have done a great dead beyond your understanding. You have led Ezra to the light. The Galaxy will thank you for this. But now," She turned to Ezra.

Ezra. He could see him.

Or... what was left of him.

"Now, we get your Padawan back." She laid next to Ezra and closed her eyes, "I have done this once before. A Padawan, one you would know as Ahsoka Tano - or maybe Fulcrum - had been killed and I brought her back by giving my life for hers."

"If you gave your life, how can you give it again?" Kanan asked.

The woman laughed, a warm thick sound, "I am the very light of the force. I am eternal. Like how you cannot remove the darkness and evil from the world, you can never fully rid it of the light.

"Ashoka gave her life to save you both. I gave mine to save hers. Therefore, I shall give mine once again. To help you."

As Kanan woke up, he heard her fading voice, "Both of you..."

Kanan blinked open his eyes and stared at the gray ceiling.

Wait... gray...

He could see.

He could see.

"Yes, I believe you can," The light sister spoke, seated on the end of his bed, she frowned, "We need to get to your Padawan. He is in the Medbay of one of the ships. If I am to heal him we must reach him soon."

Kanan nodded, rushing to stand.

"Be warned, Kanan Jarrus, your friends can not see me. And once they see you... young Bridget does not have much time."

Kanan ran out of his room and stealthily made his way to the Medbay, thankfully undetected.

They quickly preformed a ceremony of sorts, and Ezra took his first breath as the light sister faded away.

Kanan took Ezra in his arms, holding his unconscious but alive - alive! - form in his arms.

He looked Ezra over for the first time in a year, marveling at how he'd grown before hugging him back to his chest.

After a few minutes of hugging his son to him, Kanan stood and prepared to face the rest of the crew.

He hooked an IV, heart monitor, and other machines to Ezra explaining in short what had happened in hopes the medical staff wouldn't be too freaked out.

He found the Ghost crew, Iron Squadron, and remaining captives all waiting in the single lounge room onboard the Ghost.

He walked in and clapped his hands once to gather their attention, "So..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay well that just happened. I seriously did that in one sitting, so if it's horrible it's on me.

No, the series isn't over yet. One more chapter - er, epilogue, and then I'm done. *We are the champions plays in the background* Finally!

And then I can start my next series! Woohoo! I'm pumped.

Oh yeah, I personally picture Kanan going, "So... let me tell you a thing." But that's just me.