Chapter 9

Chapter 9>> What a git.

Song of the Chapter>> Touch by little mix

The view of the train station blurred as the grand steam train began to speed up, tooting its horn in the process. The twins and Orion were finally able to see Lee who they had missed. The four sat in the compartment Orion with her knees in her chest looking out of the window, Lee beside her and the two others across from her. 

"How was your summer?" George asked his friend.

"Good, yours? Despite, Ange still going after Wood. Honestly, I am right here!"

"Ours was........eventful."Fred glanced at Orion who sat quietly. 

"What do you m-"Lee started but stopped noticing the change in the girls hair. It went from its usual Ginger to Purple, a colour that no one had figured out yet. "You're a metamorphmagus! But aren't they born?" 

"Yeah, but seems constellation is an exception-well rare!" George exclaimed. "Not only that, Potter's her cousin! Their mums were twins."

"Are you being serious?"

"No, I am being George" He was nudged by Fred before he caught on to what he was trying to say, "I mean, Yeah I am. That was a joke with Charlie, don't worry about it."

"Cool!" 

The three boys continued to laugh and catch up with each other, and still, Orion sat quietly. Every so often Fred would glance at the girl, and his face would tint pink slightly, but only his brother noticed.  He still hadn't any idea about their kiss but he still had his suspicions. George and Lee carried on speaking as Fred stopped. He stared at her, he stared at her taking in the view of the world passing by. Her eyes grazed over the countryside and her teeth bit onto her bottom lip, as her head rested on her arm. George motioned towards the pair and then towards the door. Lee nodded and they left, not saying a word. The sound of the compartment door shutting caused the two teens to jump out of their trances. Fred coughed awkwardly as he discovered it was just him and Orion in the compartment.

"Ry, are you okay?" He managed to ask her, after the silence between them. 

She turned to face him, "Yeah."

"Are you thinking about?" Orion nodded her head already knowing where the boy was going. "He wouldn't want you to be sad, you know that right?" 

"I know, it's just with everything going on..." She looked down at her lap twiddling with her thumbs. Fred shifted from his side of the compartment to beside her, taking a hold on her petite hands, rubbing his thumb over the back of hand. "I hate it, everything started to be alright, we had a decent DADA teacher, then the stupid world cup and tournament happened.  Now the prick is back and ughhhhhh."

"Hey, hey, hey." Fred said, pulling her body onto his lap, wrapping his right arm around her waist. "Everything will be okay, in the end. It doesn't matter how long that is, but it will be."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He curled his finger underneath her chin making her look up and into his eyes, "but right now, there is something I want to do." Fred placed his thumb on the bottom of her cheek, towards the jawline and guided her face closer to his.

 His hot breath tickling her face as he did so. Ryan's breathing hitched as their faces grew closer to each other, and her eyes stayed locked with his, until they began to close. It wasn't long until their lips touched, sending shocks and sparks through their limbs. Something so cliche yet so true, like nothing ever before felt by Orion having Fred as her first kiss. Their lips danced together, as her hands travelled up to his waist from her lap, holding onto his body as their mouths moved in sync. She didn't know if what she was doing was right but she didn't care. Not one little bit. 

They broke apart, their lungs begging for air. The only difference in their position was their faces not being attached. The area was silent, the pair sat still, not daring to make eye contact. George and Lee knew this, they were watching. George was right, something was going on and that intimacy was just the thing to connect all of the puzzle pieces. 

A loud line of crashes and sound of rattling metal from outside of the compartment made the two jump and the girl fell from the boys lap and onto the seat just as George and Lee entered the compartment hands full of sweets. The pair played it off as if nothing had happened despite them both blushing crimson and Orion's hair fading into bubble gum pink.

 Lee and George didn't mention what they had saw, in fact they were not at all surprised. Over the years Fred had always flirted with Ryan, and it wasn't anything serious but over the past year they could sense something was different. The pair had cooled off and Ry's hair haired returned to its natural fiery red. 

"Soooo.." Lee started, "Anything new, like I don't know a relationship?" George nudged him, trying to contain his chuckle. 

"No, I am just out for the girls this year, it's the last year, no time for a relationship. A snog or two maybe, but that's about it." Fred shrugged, an answer nobody was expecting.

Was him admitting he liked me just one of his jokes? Orion thought.

 'A snog or two maybe, that's about it.'

Something about what he had said caused a weight to drop on her chest as his words echoed in her head. Just like a flick of a switch, tears began to prick the corner of her eyes, and it was hard to keep them in. She wasn't going to show a sign of weakness, she kept strong and stayed put instead of leaving like she had wanted to.  

'What a git.'

A/n- Sorry for the late updates, like I stated previously this week is  test week for me at school and revision is taking all of my time. I will start to write the next chapter now and will start revision in an hour or two as I only have a single exam tomorrow instead of two/three like usual. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this chapter even though it is short and crappy. I'll see you in the next chapter.

~Fredweasleyxo