Chapter 10: # Kwon Yuri

Italicized words are either flasback or thoughts. Excuse me for some grammatical errors if there's any. Thanks!

---

'Stop right there Julienne! You are not going anywhere!' Mr. Kwon shouted.

'No! I'm tired of all this Jiyoung! I'm leaving!' Mrs. Kwon shouted back.

'Why? I'm giving you all you need, all you wanted in life! Where did I go wrong?!"

'That's not enough! I want a husband and you can't give it to me! I want a child Jiyoung. I want a family!'

'How about me? How about Yu-'

'SHE'S NOT MY DAUGHTER!'

Suddenly a porcelain vase broke in the corner of the living room. The two adults darted their eyes on the mess and a teary eyed tan girl.

Yuri breathes heavily. She was quite used of her parents fighting over nothing almost every night. However, this night is different. They are fighting and it's about her.

'Yuri...'

Yuri didn't know what to do. Her dad tried to reach out to her but she took a step backwards and took a run outside the house. She ran and ran without a direction, she got nowhere to go. She doesn't have anything she can call home.

Maybe that is why her so called 'mom' never cared about her, when she's sick, or when she have something important in school. It's always her Shinyoung umma, her dad's secretary, at least she have someone she can call umma, but Shinyoung umma can never replace a mother's love, her real mother's love.

Inside the mansion...

'Go! Go after her! She's more important right?! That filthy child of a bitch!'

*slap

'Don't you ever call Yumi a bitch! You know nothing about her! You are nothing compared to her Julienne!'

'I know everything Jiyoung! I know how much you love her! I did everything to make you mine but you will never be. It's always her!'

Mr. Kwon became silent. It's true she loves Yumi so much, Yuri's biological mother. Since Yumi died because of giving birth, he poured all his time working, he forgot all about Yuri. A part of him hated Yuri, because the child is the reason why his love died, a part of him wanted to keep Yuri for the sake of his deceased lover. And unconsciously, he thought he gave Yuri all the things in the world, a perfect family, wealth and a name that cannot be tainted, a name that is known all over the world.

'See you can't even answer me... that's it. I'm leaving Jiyoung. Just call me if the papers are ready, I'll sign them without second thoughts'

Julienne Kwon marched outside the Kwon mansion without looking back. She regrets the time she spend inside that so called 'home', she thought that she could live with all the money in the world, but then she realized something she couldn't live without, and that is love. A selfish love that she had mistaken as a true love. She never cared about the Kwon's daughter, all she wanted is her own, and she sees Yuri as a competition, from the attention and wealth of a Kwon. Now she's leaving and she will also leave Yuri in that hell hole called home.

The ten year old tan girl, continued to run. Without a thought, she ran across the wet street, and within a heartbeat a loud screech and crash was all she heard before everything went black.

---

"Miss Kwon"

"Mr. Lee..."

Everybody froze, the ever cheerful and bubbly Kwon Yuri became cold and deadly right at this moment. No one dared to interrupt the mini staring contest of the school director and the school goddess. Everybody is curious of what happened before the Kwon entered the classroom with a completely changed attitude.