Survival 1 | Introduction

Começar do início

“I know you've already aware of this, but let me remind you again.”

Like an obedient puppy they are, only that they only listen to me. For whatever reason? I don't know.

I don't even know why they choose me as their leader.

“As a leader, I'm the one who must guide you to behave what you must be and to do what you should do. Especially now that we are doing this dangerous mission, where a single injury might cost us our lives. As much as possible, we must be more careful.”

I roam my eyes at my team who are patiently listening to me, and the level of respect that could be seen on their gaze isn't something that people couldn't ignore.

The reason why I was known, is because these people would do everything to protect me.

“I have the authority to place an order to you since you're on my team, and I am your commander. I'm assigned to make strategies, plan our move and perform it successfully, and for that, all of you are there to do it with me. As one of the highest ranks in the army, my goal is to protect you and survive this hell together.” With courageous looks in my eyes, I stare at them, because in this group I believe that we would put an end to this madness.

Their shouts dominated the place, that even those people looked at us in curiosity, that in a situation like this, we have guts to even shouts in glee.

But this is my group. I have the authority to tell these people to fall back if needed. Every word I say is absolute, that no one could ever defy me.

Except him.

“Harper, look at him, looking so mighty like a hotdog, ghad! Nakakagutom!” I shot a glare at someone who just spoke beside me, but she just gave me a half-smirking yet malicious smirk. I rolled my eyes and continued fixing our things, checking them again since the General is already calling our group.

Ayan na naman sya.

“Shut up, Faye.” Let me do this peacefully, please!

But she just playfully pushed my arms, which I threw her another glare again.

“Why won't you just admit that he's so damn hot, you bitch? You're so lucky to be always partnered with this guy!” bulong ni Faye nang nag-aayos ako ng mga gamit.

I frowned at her, yet she giggles and pinches my arm playfully that I had to slap her hand away. Tumawa ito at lumayo sa akin, ngunit andon pa rin ang ngisi sa kanyang labi.

Tumingin ako sa kanyang sinasabi.

He is walking mighty and hot with his military uniform hidden by his cotton black hooded jacket, while both of his hands are on his pants pocket, with his messy just-woke-up suits his outfit, with also a white and blue Nike running shoes.

He looks majestic, the constant definition of him from the women that surrounds me. With those hazel eyes that people's curiosity would be piqued, and that suits his light brown hair and his rough yet handsome features.

When did Faye start teasing me with him? It's because this guy doesn't want other people to be his partner, which he was left with me, a person that others don't want to be paired with. Well, it happened on our training and the partnerships are being ranked by status.

“Best, matunaw.” Faye's voice woke me up, that I glared at her and sneered. She laughed at me and nudged me again. “You know what? You two would make a good couple.”

“Shut up, Faye Margarette Harrison. Who would want to have couples in a mission like this?” Having a couple means sacrificing yourself, please spare me with that bullshit.