twenty-nine

NORMANI'S POV

My phone buzzes next to me on my nightstand. 

canola: lauren, ally, and i went to the mall and the store, we'll be back in a few hours

normoney: alrighty

canola: dinah's home btw

normoney: WAHT ADLFKJDA

canola: time to make up, she's your wife, have fun

normoney: oh hell no i'm getting out of here

canola: sorry love all windows and doors are locked, we took all the spare keys :)

normoney: fuck 

canola: go make up, she's still your wife sweetie

normoney: goodbye hoe

I groan aloud. Why in the actual fuck would they leave me with Dinah, alone?!

"She's still your wife." I reread the text. "She's still your wife, and you love her. You don't want to lose her. She's still your wife." I tell myself. 

"Nor-Normani?" Dinah knocks on my door frame. 

"Hi Dinah." I sigh. 

"Where is everyone?" she asks, rubbing sleep from her puffy eyes; she's done a lot of crying, because of you.

"They went to the store and mall." I shrug. 

"Okay, I'll be downstairs then." she disappears down the hall without a response. 

I really want to tell her I was being a jerk. I was being stupid and selfish and stupid. She's still my wife. 

I decide to watch The 100 because I don't have the guts to go downstairs, even if I'm starving. 

allysin: have y'all made up yet?

normoney: no

allysin: WTF ARE YO DOING THEN

normoney: watching the 100

allysin: NUUH GO MAKE UP TO YOUR WIFE NORMANI

normoney: UGH FINE

I roll my eyes and turn both my phone and TV off. I leave my phone on my bed and head downstairs. Dinah sits on the couch intently watching The Vampire Diaries. 

"Dinah?" I call. 

She pauses and turns to me. "Yeah?"  

"Can— can we talk?" I stutter. 

"Of course." she turns the TV off and taps the space next to her on the couch. I take a seat. "What's up?"

"I, um, I wanted to say sorry, for being childish and inconsiderate. I didn't know Kehlani liked me, not until she tried to kiss me yesterday. Sure, I was drunk, but I was aware of what she was doing, I'm not stupid. I pushed her off me, her lips tasted like booze and I hated it. I only love when your soft, precious lips are on mine. I know I should've been on your side from the very beginning, and that's my mistake. But I've learned now, and you're still my wife and I still love you to no end. 'Til death do us part, baby." she flinches when I touch her hand, but relaxes when I intertwine our fingers. 

"'Til death do us part, Mani." she rests her forehead on mine, a tear slipping. I wipe it away with a smile. 

"I've missed you so much, princess." 

"I've missed you too, no more fighting, please? I don't like when we fight." Dinah gave me puppy dog eyes. I laughed and connected our lips shortly. 

"No fighting, promise." I pull away.

"Okay, can we cuddle and watch a movie?" 

"Of course. What movie?" I get up with a pat on her leg and make my way to the shelf of movies. 

"The Lion King!" she exclaims behind me. 

"Alright." I put the disk in and press play, then scurry my way back to Dinah's side. 

"Thank you." Dinah smiles and lays on me. 

I laugh. "Anything for my princess." I peck her lips. "Did you know they locked us in? Like all the doors and windows are locked and they have all the spare keys." 

"Whoa! Why?" 

"They wanted us to make up." both of us laugh. 

"We should just pretend we didn't yet and keep them out." Dinah shrugged.

"My wife is a genius." 

"I know."