Nile smiled at me.

A nervous one

"Ahh well you see the rest of us are dinning in the lounge and I was thinking Ryan could sit with us if that is alright with you.?"

He sounded a little nervous.

I stared him down.

"Yes that's fine."

I smiled walking over to the seat he still had pulled open.

Every one was looking at me in more ways than one.

An waiting until Ryan left I asked..

"Did something happen? I didn't mean to be rude or anything inviting Ryan. He seems to be a nice guy. And because he was all dressed up I thought you had expected him."

Sam was eating some soup when I said this and dropped it letting it clatter on the plates which was muphled by his coughing.

"You have herd of what he has done haven't you?"
Sams female companion said struggling to help him through his fit as she patted him on the back with her bright fake nails.

"Well I wouldn't say that. Who knows, he could of changed from four years ago don't you think Sam, Rex."

Rex looked up at me.

"Why would you say that?"
He sneered at my comment.

"Well he seemed pretty kind when he found me in the woods walking here."
I replied grabbing some mashed potato and salad leaving alone the meat that covered half of the table with a hint of truth syrum.

Max could smell it too because he stood clear of the meat as well.

"Well believe me once you know what he has done. Your guaranteed to think different."

Rex stated going back to tearing up into his untreated meat.

"You gonna grab some meat?" The girl next to Rex spoke up. She looked dead with blue rings under her eyes with blotches of purple on her arms.

She shrunk back into her seat when Rex faced her and whispered in her ear.

"You'll be punished for that. Only speak when spoken to. Understand."

He said it so low that she should've been the only one to hear. But because of their experiments they did on me bursting my ear drums with chemicals to see what would happen I herd perfectly fine.

Plus the alarmed face said it all. Rex was abusing her. She jumped a little when he turned back around to face me. As if he was about to back hand her.

"Sorry about Mikayla don't take anything she says personally."
He smiled when he said this before going back to eating his untreated steak.

"No I didn't intend to. It's just I haven't been feeling very well today." I said politely, squeezing the metal fork at my irritation with his fake act.

He always did that when some one came over. He could be the meanest most savage person but as soon as someone else walked in it's like flipping a switch. He would be kind and gentle to you until they left and he would go straight back to being the devil.