[T W E N T Y T W O]

Start from the beginning

The second child had bright red hair which went down to her waist with loose waves. Her eyes were similar to her mothers, except hers was a little more shy and reserved. She had almond shaped eyes and a pretty face. She wore a headband and a green sundress along with a necklace with what seemed to be a water lily on it. In the middle it had a tear shaped opal stone on it. It was beautiful.

I smiled and waved again, but this time to her

I smiled and waved again, but this time to her. She just timidly smiled and made a signal similar to a wave but it was with two fingers and she waved once. My mother shook hands with their mother.

"Hi, I'm Lea Sterling and this is my nine year old daughter Maia. Which one of your kids wanted to learn flute?" The mother smiled and nodded, putting her manicured hands on the second child's shoulder.

"Little Lily here has always had passion for the flute. She's the same age as Maia here." My mother smiled brightly at Lily.

"Well, I'll leave Maia to direct her to her room while we settle costs. The first lesson is fr-" I stopped listening and waved Lily forward, smiling brightly at her.

"Let's go then, Lily. I'll teach you a special song that I first learnt and maybe we can do a piece with the flute?" Lily straightened and twisted her lips into an excited grin. She linked her arm through mine and nodded.

"Bye Mum!" Lily waved back to her mother as I walked her into the direction of my studio. We turn a few corridors until we came to a door that was left half ajar. I groaned and opened it. Lily popped her head in and looked at the mass expanse of instruments that lay in their respective racks.

"Sebastian," I yelled, my nostrils flaring up like they always do. "If you're trying to hide in my studio just to scare me it's not going to work." My twin brother popped his messy blonde locks out of a cupboard and pouted.

"No fair, Mai!" He crawled out of the cupboard, his messy blonde hair flailing in his eyes. I rolled my eyes, unlinking myself from Lily's arm and crossing them.

"We have guests. Lily, you have the unfortunate pleasure of meeting my twin, Sebastian." Lily reverted back to her shy self and waved, looking down and blushing slightly. Sebastian grinned at her waved back.

"Wow, my sister finally has a friend! She's so sheltered, I'm surprised mum even let you in."  I glared at my brother and clicked my tongue at him. It was a secret sign that we had when we wanted each other to shut up. He just stupidly smirked at me. Lily frowned.

"Sebastian, get back to the dance studio. You have Nationals in a couple of months for the first time in two years so go away." Sebastian growled and rolled his eyes but ruffled my hair. I stuck my tongue out at him and he left, closing the door behind him.

"Now," I walked to the left hand side of the room where my parents held the Aerophones on stands. She picked out a simple flute. It had golden circles wrapped around just above the lip plate and on the foot joint. It had a simple flute design. Explaining the anatomy of a flute, Lily nodded to everything and asked questions along the way while I answered. We then got practising.